Question for those who use dsm injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those who use dsm injectors

So I just put my dsm injectors on my fuel rail for a test fit and noticed that the pintle caps are much shorter than those on the z31 injectors. What are you guys using in place of the thick o-ring that goes around the pintle cap on the z31 injector? Thanks in advance for any help.

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

enjoyrth wrote: So I just put my dsm injectors on my fuel rail for a test fit and noticed that the pintle caps are much shorter than those on the z31 injectors. What are you guys using in place of the thick o-ring that goes around the pintle cap on the z31 injector? Thanks in advance for any help.
    i have a huge tray of O-rings at my shop.. i just found one that fit best.. the best thing i can tell you is to either purchase an o-ring kit, or find a store with a good selection that you can rummage through. just so you know, it was nothing special.. i just picked out one that i thought fit best and it sealed just fine.. well over a year now of driving..

Comment

enjoyrth,
      Hello i live here in Elyria, OH. I have no clue were Gibsonburg, OH is but anyway im on this forum for my brother b/c he dont have a computer were he lives. He has a 89turbo Z. It was automatic and we conv. to 5speed, Put a Pathfinder mani. on it, FMIC, Walbro 255, New o2 sensor, and a couple other minor things that arent important. The problem is it wont idle, and when you start it up it smokes like a train. When you go down the road it bucks really hard and it only goes without under boost if your not in boost it wont go it will just buck and sputter and stuff. Sometimes when your at a stoplight and you take off it puffs smoke. It seems like injectors are bad and stuck open or sumthin. We put a aeramotive FPR on it and we turned it down to 25 and nuthin happend and turned it up to 50 and nuthin happend it just does the same thing. Another thing is it goes threw spark plugs like crazy. To go across town we have to stop and get a set of plugs to come back lol. Were thinkin the injectors are bad, The MAF, or the ECU. What im askin is if your not to far away maybe when it gets warmer outside you can come down and give us a hand maybe you might no forsure what the problem is. I asked stevez31 b/c hes only like a couple minutes away but he didnt seem interested at all. He really wants to get it running and hes building another motor to put in it but it wont be done for a while he wants to just get it fixed for right now. So maybe you can give us a hand. If the injectors are bad theirs like 341234 Dsms here and everyone i know drives one, we have some 450cc from a talon and if the injectors are the problem then we can put them in if their isnt much to do i havent read up on putting Dsm injectors in so i dont know much bout them my brothers looking for some lexus injectors but if Dsms will work thatll be cool. Thanks, Russ
      89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
      87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
      07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

What are you using to tune with? If you just stick larger injectors in without some sort of engine management, then it will run like asshole.

Enjoyrth-I used the stock O rings, you must have a lower manifold with injector bosses for a side feed injector (like the JDM turbo engines)

Swap the lower manifold for an earlier style Z31 manifold... and they should fit fine.
        86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

StreetFighter, Pmed you
          89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
          87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
          07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

Working...
          X