No announcement yet.

intake pipe air temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason84NA2T wrote: I use a fluke K-type thermocouple " temperature probe " with my 88V. The only complaints I have is the thermocouple cable is too short, and there is at least a full second delay from any real temperature change.
    The thermistor itself should change state fairly quickly. I say that because it is really just two blobs of metal stuck together and should rapidly suck up the heat from the airstream.

The delay may be in the multimeter itself. I know fluke has the 51 series (we sell these) so I am curious about its response. They are advertised fast I know.
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

http://eshop.engineering.uiowa.edu/NI/p ... 006685.pdf

The thermal time constants should be checked out for the LM type integrated circuits. Bottom line is that they are not all that fast. I suspect the to92 package could be speeded up with a copper 'sink' attached but it still may take a sec or few to get that temp recorded.

I wonder if the electronics in a MAF can be all that responsive either. I am not a big fan of putting them in a boosted stream unless they intake is intercooled enough.
      Attached Files
      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Working...
      X