BIN files and address files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIN files and address files

an idiot kid i do work for with too much money has an r32 skyline with an rb26dett. ive done a lot of work for hime, and now he wants to add 720cc injectors. i found a BIN file on the web, and livedit has an address file. the problem is that the address file does not match the BIN file. furthermore, the BIN file is not "padded" but the address file is.. i figured you just subtract 4 from the first digit (7f2b = 3f2b) but that doesnt match up either. livedit reads all the maps from the bin and it looks reasonable.. the problem is it gives me a k value of 00 E9. when i check that address in the binary it gives me something totally different. i can not find 00E9 anywhere in the BIN that i downloaded but somehow livedit is coming up with that value. so my questions are as follows..

1. does anyone have a "padded" bin for the rb26dett, if not how exactly do i do it myself.
    2. does anyone have access to accurate stock BIn files for this motor
    3. does anyone have accurate address definitions for the BIN.

i am just using livedit and romeditor right now to make sure i can get this figured out before i buy nistune.

edit: im an idiot..just didnt scroll down far enough.. im just used to the first half of the bin being FF.. i found all the addresses i was looking for, but if anyone can answer my questions or has any other information on these computers i would still appreciate it. thanks

`

Comment

Bernardd wrote: I've tuned a few of them. K value change is straight forward. Make sure to rescale the tp scales. Latency might be touchy to get right. Did he upgrade the turbo's? He won't need he bigger injectors if he didn't, the stockers are good to 15psi which is the max of the stock turbo's before the turbine side becomes cranky.
      he already shattered one of those turbine wheels.. the kid bought an upgraded twin turbo kit that i put in.. what a bitch.. the things looked nice and they were clearly bigger, but i have no idea what they are. all of his oil and water lines were leaking and i had to spend over 400 bucks in AN fittings to replace them.. what a fucking mess.. then the kid bought a super afc and it took me hours to explain to him that the thing was going to blow up the fucking car.. i love dealing with people with too much money.. as far as the TP scales, livedit seems to be doing the rescaling for me.. i havent finished the math yet, but so far the scales are accurate.. im suprized because when i used livedit for my z31 it didnt change anything for me.. it didnt even change the K when i put in a z32 afm. next thing im going to need to do is put in z32 afm's in his car. have you done this swap before? it seems pretty straightforward as far as the wiring goes, im just not certain about how the computer uses them. thanks for the input

Comment

`

Comment

Chris86NA2T wrote: an idiot kid i do work for with too much money has an r32 skyline with an rb26dett. ive done a lot of work for hime, and now he wants to add 720cc injectors. i found a BIN file on the web, and livedit has an address file. the problem is that the address file does not match the BIN file. furthermore, the BIN file is not "padded" but the address file is.. i figured you just subtract 4 from the first digit (7f2b = 3f2b) but that doesnt match up either. livedit reads all the maps from the bin and it looks reasonable.. the problem is it gives me a k value of 00 E9. when i check that address in the binary it gives me something totally different. i can not find 00E9 anywhere in the BIN that i downloaded but somehow livedit is coming up with that value. so my questions are as follows..

1. does anyone have a "padded" bin for the rb26dett, if not how exactly do i do it myself.

i am just using livedit and romeditor right now to make sure i can get this figured out before i buy nistune.

edit: im an idiot..just didnt scroll down far enough.. im just used to the first half of the bin being FF.. i found all the addresses i was looking for, but if anyone can answer my questions or has any other information on these computers i would still appreciate it. thanks
          that r32 isn't white is it?

boost. does a body good!

Comment

[quote]jjewell wrote:
            Originally posted by Chris86NA2T
            an idiot kid i do work for with too much money has an r32 skyline with an rb26dett. ive done a lot of work for hime, and now he wants to add 720cc injectors. i found a BIN file on the web, and livedit has an address file. the problem is that the address file does not match the BIN file. furthermore, the BIN file is not "padded" but the address file is.. i figured you just subtract 4 from the first digit (7f2b = 3f2b) but that doesnt match up either. livedit reads all the maps from the bin and it looks reasonable.. the problem is it gives me a k value of 00 E9. when i check that address in the binary it gives me something totally different. i can not find 00E9 anywhere in the BIN that i downloaded but somehow livedit is coming up with that value. so my questions are as follows..

that r32 isn't white is it?
            no, its black.. the kid has a white r33 though.. and has an order in for another one because his two current skylines are not awd.. must be nice to have money...

Comment

how many skylines are in that area? i saw one 4 years ago with some younger guys driveing the shit out of it. it was when i picked up my 87 turbo.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

jjewell wrote: how many skylines are in that area? i saw one 4 years ago with some younger guys driveing the shit out of it. it was when i picked up my 87 turbo.
                these are the only two i know of.. supposedly there are a couple others on long island that went to this huge carshow they had a few years ago at one of the beaches, but i havent seen them.. i really have to take some pictures of this thing.. i cant believe the money some people spend.. there really isnt anything special about this car.. the GTR with all wheel drive is pretty cool, but these two are rear wheel drive.. mechanically they are a mix between a 240sx and z32.. nothing special at all.

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
                  Originally posted by jjewell
                  how many skylines are in that area? i saw one 4 years ago with some younger guys driveing the shit out of it. it was when i picked up my 87 turbo.
                  these are the only two i know of.. supposedly there are a couple others on long island that went to this huge carshow they had a few years ago at one of the beaches, but i havent seen them.. i really have to take some pictures of this thing.. i cant believe the money some people spend.. there really isnt anything special about this car.. the GTR with all wheel drive is pretty cool, but these two are rear wheel drive.. mechanically they are a mix between a 240sx and z32.. nothing special at all.
                  STATUS!!!

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Working...
                  X