No announcement yet.

I've sort of started my MS write-up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've sort of started my MS write-up....

sort of...

http://blozup.com/ms.php

Let me know any comments, hate, etc.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Hell yah man! I need some info from you as im going megasquirt here in the next month or two. I already got the intake and coolant temp sensors and ordered a V3 kit, should be here this week. That picture of the wirinjg diagram isnt working on your writeup. That is literally the only thing i havent figured out is the CAS signal. Did you have to do any physical mods to the inside of the distributor? So your talking about using a DB27 (i think thats the coil driver?) right off the board to fire a coil and then fire the stock distributor? More info would be sweet, but i will figure it out either way.....I too will be doing a writeup when im done.

Comment

Very cool, keep up the good work!

Comment

roastin300 wrote: Hell yah man! I need some info from you as im going megasquirt here in the next month or two. I already got the intake and coolant temp sensors and ordered a V3 kit, should be here this week. That picture of the wirinjg diagram isnt working on your writeup. That is literally the only thing i havent figured out is the CAS signal. Did you have to do any physical mods to the inside of the distributor? So your talking about using a DB27 (i think thats the coil driver?) right off the board to fire a coil and then fire the stock distributor? More info would be sweet, but i will figure it out either way.....I too will be doing a writeup when im done.

I had to drill out the ECU's coolant sensor hole (as opposed to the dash gauge sensor) with the 3/4" (or whatever that damned size is) NPT tap. I ghetto rigged my intake on the drill press and it came out perfectly straight (on my old car). That's about as hard as the mechanical install of MS gets.

You do not have to modify the dizzy or CAS at all. On the V2.2 board, I just had the signal (with the pull-up resistor) go straight to the stock z31 transistor. I did not use the GM HEI bullshit. The DB3
        7, is the technical name of the type of electrical connector that MS (and old LPT printers) use... I don't know if you got that confused or what you were trying to say there.

And stick your Air temp sensor as close to the TB as possible, and as far in on the piping as possible.

Damn, if you're going to do a write-up...
        BLOZ UP.com
        It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

Really like that! Im trying to find out what ems I should run in my Z.
          Why should I pay 1500 for haltech instead of 300-500 for Megasquirt? Any good reason to go with haltech or similar?

http://Jocke.z31turbo.com 11.842s car
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfRwqC3jkAk
          If Nissan motorsports is Nismo, wouldn't Honda Motorsports be Homo?

Comment

that's a nice wing you got there, goes nicely with the valance

Comment

Working...
            X