No announcement yet.

My boredom = Fuel Rails (390cc DSM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're just making an issue out of something that isn't.

lowering the fuel temps might make some improvements, but name one story of someone having fuel boil due to using aluminum rails, I don't think you'll find one

Comment

I didn't say it would boil. Someone else did.

I do not want heat in the fuel. That's all. And it can be easily tested by inserting a sensor upstream in the rubber hose. IF you see an increase of heat there, you are building up heat. Period.

Does its extra volume help or hurt the situation? That is an interesting question.

Does the extra aluminum mass act as a big heat 'battery'? I bet it does. Turn your oven to 150 degrees and put that aluminum piece in there for 3 minutes (on a piece of wood). Now take it out and hold it.
      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: Does the extra aluminum mass act as a big heat 'battery'? I bet it does. Turn your oven to 150 degrees and put that aluminum piece in there for 3 minutes (on a piece of wood). Now take it out and hold it.
        So you're going to make fuel rails out of wood?

Your example confuses thermal mass with thermal conductivity.
        1988 300ZX Turbo SS
        2000 BMW 323Ci
        2003 BMW 325XiT

Comment

So you are saying it is a thermal capacitor??
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

A waste? We are having a detailed technical discussion. If you have nothing to add, and you only seem to focus on others anyway, then maybe you should just go look at pictures or something?

And Jason locked that thread. So go speak with him about reopening it and I can explain the difference between translational motion and rotational motion to Bum.
            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: A waste? We are having a detailed technical discussion. If you have nothing to add, and you only seem to focus on others anyway, then maybe you should just go look at pictures or something?

And Jason locked that thread. So go speak with him about reopening it and I can explain the difference between translational motion and rotational motion to Bum.
              what do you have to offer that will have a real world effect on the car? post some proof about something rather than talking out of your ass..

Comment

Is that in some rule book in your head? That people post whatever you feel they should?

I can't constantly be put on the defensive stance by people that think they own the world.

You need to get some. Your angry impototent posts are getting tiresome.
                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

I didn't think fuel vaporization is a problem with EFI systems running 30psi or whatever. Old carb'd crap has some problems with vapor-lock, especially when running ethanol in the summer, but i've never heard of a high-pressure EFI system having vapor issues.

You have to have a problem before you can fix it. I have a hard time fixing that shit that is broken, I'd be buried if i tried to fix what wasn't. Near as I can tell, nobody hear has a problem.
                  My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                  My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                  207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

I think what he brought up after my post is that aluminum makes a good heat sink, which it does. After that we started talking about what material would be THE BEST for a fuel rail. He said stainless steel. I said very thin stainless steel. He gave an idea of his and then proceeded to get ripped on from there. I think a lot of you guys just pick the fights. If he bothers you so much then why do you reply?
                    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: I think what he brought up after my post is that aluminum makes a good heat sink, which it does. After that we started talking about what material would be THE BEST for a fuel rail. He said stainless steel. I said very thin stainless steel. He gave an idea of his and then proceeded to get ripped on from there. I think a lot of you guys just pick the fights. If he bothers you so much then why do you reply?
                      Satan is right. I was reading this thread and trying to get some insight into fuel rail design, material choice, and the logic surrounding it. It was an interesting discussion...But not anymore...
                      "produce first.talk second."

Comment

It is not just the cowardly sniping, its the incessant 'missing' the point. I never mentioned 'boiling' or 'vapor-lock'. And it will be brought up AFTER this. Because its the un-moderated antagonistic forum that this has become.

Most people here would not be so aggressive in person. I can know that and have a laugh.
                        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

I think you need to look up the definition of 'everyone'. Vocabulary, and the use thereof, is more important than spelling.
                          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Good lord. Everyone should knock it off now and stop crapping on this thread, I'm about ready to go on a post deleting spree.

Comment

I havent read in a while. Been working on the car all day. Anything good?
                              Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: So you are saying it is a thermal capacitor??
                                no, I'm saying your example doesn't illustrate the point you're trying to make.

An aluminum rail probably has a higher thermal energy capacity than a standard line, considering more material would be used with the aluminum rail. But aluminum also has 4x the thermal conductivity of steel, transferring its heat to the air in the engine bay (and also the gasoline) faster.
                                1988 300ZX Turbo SS
                                2000 BMW 323Ci
                                2003 BMW 325XiT

Comment

Working...
                                X