Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Originally posted by StreetFighter
    Haltechs are bad ass. They are the "affordable" stand alone, but offer a great deal of flexibility as far as tuning goes. It will be better than having a romulator or nistune, because it uses a speed-density system instead of a MAF.
    I would not attempt to claim one system is better than the other. There's a reason many companies use them both (MAF and MAP), with speed density metering only as a backup system to the mass airflow.
    I agree, but I do like dual setups the best.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

I will buy from you. I couldn't see much info on your site. I am getting the car next saturday. I am going to do my own tests to see what is wrong. My friend has a boroscope that I can use. He says that it still runs strong with no power loss but it smokes when the turbo goes into boost. So I am thinking worn rings. If it was piston damage I would think that it would blow smoke all the time.

Comment

whose runnin a haltech and are they complicated?
        87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: whose runnin a haltech and are they complicated?
          Wow, um... did you read the thread or did I miss something?

Comment

zmainiac wrote: I will buy from you. I couldn't see much info on your site. I am getting the car next saturday. I am going to do my own tests to see what is wrong. My friend has a boroscope that I can use. He says that it still runs strong with no power loss but it smokes when the turbo goes into boost. So I am thinking worn rings. If it was piston damage I would think that it would blow smoke all the time.
            If it still runs strong with no power loss and only smokes under boost I would think that the turbo has a bad seal that just needs to be replaced. I would think that if the rings were bad or worn then it would smoke all of the time.

Then again, it depends on what kind of smoke. Blue smoke, black smoke or white smoke?

Blue is oil that could be from both the turbo and the rings
            Black is from running too rich wich could be the case because whoever had the car richened it up to be on the safe side and now it is blowing black.
            White is coolant getting into the cylinder.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
              Originally posted by 87-85turbo
              whose runnin a haltech and are they complicated?
              Wow, um... did you read the thread or did I miss something?
              no i was to lazy to read all that so i just posted my bad
              87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

i have a e6x haltech in mine right now and all i can say is wow
                it's so easy to tune but it's going to the dyno soon for the full tune so......
                if anyone really has any ? 's about it me me know i'll get back to u

Comment

I got it and it has an ek6. It is pretty nicely setup. It is very sneaky. It seems to run smooth. I haven't driven it anywhere cause he drained the clutch line but it doesn't smoke until you give it gas. The interior is a little rough but not too bad. It has illuminas which is sweet. He sold it to his roomates 17 year old son. the kid didn't know at all what to do. I probably could of low balled him a little more but he took my offer of 2300 cash. I might just do a rebuild and put forged pistons in it and due some head work.

Comment

It actually looked like white smoke so It might be the head gasket. I am going to pull the spark plugs tonight.

Comment

hey is there any way i can get ur maps for that setup if u know how to send them

Comment

Working...
                      X