No announcement yet.

Idle issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggested that you check the wiring on the AFM from past experience. With the Z31 AFM, there is a heater ground and an AFM signal ground and both are controlled through the ECCS. When I installed an Infinity M30 ECCS and a Z32 AFM, I had similar problems until I double checked the wiring throughout and found out that I needed to splice the two grounds together. I found this out when I looked at JWT's PDF on how to wire up a Z32 AFM to a Z31. Apparantly, the Z32 AFM ground is the same ground used for the heater, or something like that. Either way, that's what I did to fix my problem.
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: First check to make sure all the injectors are firing. Are they known good/clean?

Then i would suspect the K value. If it's way off it can cause an erratic idle and looping...
      I did plan on getting them cleaned and flow tested, but the injectors came from well running cars from people I know. The K value has been messed with and doesnt seem to help either.

bemis wrote:
      I suggested that you check the wiring on the AFM from past experience. With the Z31 AFM, there is a heater ground and an AFM signal ground and both are controlled through the ECCS. When I installed an Infinity M30 ECCS and a Z32 AFM, I had similar problems until I double checked the wiring throughout and found out that I needed to splice the two grounds together. I found this out when I looked at JWT's PDF on how to wire up a Z32 AFM to a Z31. Apparantly, the Z32 AFM ground is the same ground used for the heater, or something like that. Either way, that's what I did to fix my problem.
      I guess I can give this a shot. Just splice the wires for pins C and D together right after the wiring harness?

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

Working...
      X