injector null time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injector null time

stock null time is 4Bhex or 75dec.. im sure this has been answered somewhere, but i cant seem to find it.. does this number actually equate to a real life measurement of time? for example, does the dec value of the null time equal the null time in miliseconds or something like that? thanks

I'm not totally sure, always just adjusted it to where I think it should be and then trimmed from there. You could use a scope or even a good DMM to find out your pulsewidth with each setting, and then tell us what it corresponds to :-)

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I'm not totally sure, always just adjusted it to where I think it should be and then trimmed from there. You could use a scope or even a good DMM to find out your pulsewidth with each setting, and then tell us what it corresponds to :-)
      damn.. i thought it was already figured out.. oh well.. i wish the results were meaningful enough for me to go through all that trouble.. ill leave this project for crowbar

Comment

`

Comment

[quote]Bernardd wrote:
          Originally posted by Chris86NA2T
          stock null time is 4Bhex or 75dec.. im sure this has been answered somewhere, but i cant seem to find it.. does this number actually equate to a real life measurement of time? for example, does the dec value of the null time equal the null time in miliseconds or something like that? thanks
          Originally posted by Chris86NA2T
          that would be correct.

i should add, in case anyone wants to dispute this post, that i have tested before and after making changes to see if the "effect is taking place" with a scope.
          thanks bernardd.. i appreciate the reply.. i may not have worded my question correctly.. i know that the null time must equal a real life time value, but im trying to find out if anyone has actually taken the time to figure out the relationship between the hex data and real time.... for instance, if the stock null is 75dec, what formula do you apply to that number in order to get a time measurement.

injector manufacturers often post a null time for their injectors. it would be nice to take that time, do a calculation and figure out a value..

Comment

If I had to take a guess, I would say its an 8 bit system so 0-255 values. Therefore, if the values are the range, then 75/255 of that range.
            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: If I had to take a guess, I would say its an 8 bit system so 0-255 values. Therefore, if the values are the range, then 75/255 of that range.
              Exactly how does that tell us anything useful? We don't know what 0 represents, or what 254 represents.
              http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

`.

Comment

Bernardd wrote:
                  the number in decimal is the length of time it takes for the injector to fully open when 14vdc is applied to it. your example of 75 is .75 ms and can be measured and viewed by a scope.
                  Now that is the kind of answer we are looking for. Thank you Bernard.

So a stock 88 turbo bin is set at 75 for the 259cc. A JWT 450 ecu for 440cc's is set to 77. I wonder if that big of a change is really such a small change in null time or did they just make a change for sake of change and not do enough development on that facet.
                  http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Working...
                  X