Live edit not recognizing romulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live edit not recognizing romulator?

I cannot get live edit to recognize my romulator. I tried getting it to recognize it with the romulator hooked up to the ECU with the ignition on and also with the romulator out of the car. I have tried it on two computers and turbobluestreak came over and tried it on his laptop with no success. I think I remember getting it to work one or two times right when I got it, but never since. The pocket rom program recognizes it right away and I am able to load bins to it this way. I have to make the changes in live edit, save the bin, and then upload it with pocket rom. I am using a USB-serial adapter, but I set live edit to search the appropriate com port. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

enjoyrth wrote: I cannot get live edit to recognize my romulator. I tried getting it to recognize it with the romulator hooked up to the ECU with the ignition on and also with the romulator out of the car. I have tried it on two computers and turbobluestreak came over and tried it on his laptop with no success. I think I remember getting it to work one or two times right when I got it, but never since. The pocket rom program recognizes it right away and I am able to load bins to it this way. I have to make the changes in live edit, save the bin, and then upload it with pocket rom. I am using a USB-serial adapter, but I set live edit to search the appropriate com port. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.
    in order to get mine to work this is exactly what i have to do in this exact order: under emulator config make sure the appropriate com port is selected and click "scan for emulators" the message box should say "emulator found" or something like that.. after that mine will only work if i select "rom type 8 bit" and "rom layout straight rom".. then click emulator functions and "toggle emulator online/offline".. if i dont do it will either not connect, or give me some kind of error and shut down.. on other computers i have used it behaves totally differently.

also, i use 2 different usb-serial adapters, one for my wideband and one for the romulator. my LM will work with either one, but the romulator will only work with the one that i purchased with the romulator...

Comment

that's not what his romulator is doing. I was helping him this weekend and did what chris said and that wouldn't work. even with the propper com port selected I could not get live edit to find the romulator. I even removed the romulator from the ecu and still it live edit wouldn't find it.
      I've always been able to find my romulator and run it with no problems.

tbs
      Blue & Silver 81 zxt, 88 ECCS
      Z32 mas,450cc injectors
      ported exhaust manifold, cable throttle linkage
      t3/t4e 12psi , 3inch exhaust, K&N,
      ACT clutch, 240sx t/b, 1G DSM BOV
      Custom Intake FINISHED
      Ported and Polished N42
      Tan 88-89 conquest seats
      Sperco IC 18.5x6x3.5
      2.5 IC pipes
      Suspension work!!
      Nistune
      Zeitronix Wideband
      240sx transmission
      Soon:
      95 Maxima Alternator

Comment

use the software that comes with the romulator and check if this works. i have had a few problems with romulator communiations when developing NIStune

Comment

Working...
        X