Infinity M30 idle timing stabilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity M30 idle timing stabilization

Maybe somebody here can help out as well.

http://ecu2.forumwise.com/ecu2-thread1679.html

Later, after submitting that post, I realized that changing the 02 sensor feedback won't effect my timing. I did find a 16x1 address in the BIN for base idle timing, which is then modified from other sensor inputs. It starts out at 15degrees and then moves its way up to 27 degrees. I've thought about raising the lower settings and seeing what happens.
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

There is an idle timing map for the Z31 ECU as well, but I'm not 100% sure that's your issue. I think base idle timing in that map is only altered by CHTS for temperature-based enrichment? You didn't note if you had watched a wideband to see if AFR is really not changing? Can you see the idle timing change (like with a timing light or in nistune)? Does it still do it with the TPS disconnected?

MODERN engine management is much more reliant on the IAC to control idle and engine behavior at low rpm than our old systems ever were. I know it sounds farfetched, but perhaps removing it is more of an issue somehow?

Comment

I don't know anything yet......

But I should soon have access. PM me if you want to share info.
      "If you don't hold it....you don't own it"

Comment

It turns out that my TTPmin was too low. Stinky and I put the Z on the dyno at the shop and hooked up Nistune to it. At first I just wanted to bullseye my K value (which was dead on based only my mathematical calculations and no wideband O2), so that didn't need to be changed. Then we played around with the idle settings code (TTPmin, idle timing, O2 sensor feedback) and got that cleared up. Then we fined tuned it a ~10psi, giving a little room for safety, thus making about 210hp. I have made 230hp at the same amount of boost, but I was at the detonation threshold and even more so with the ambient temperatures rising now.
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
        2000 Porsche Boxster
        2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Working...
        X