which route should I take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which route should I take?

I will be picking up a new DD shortly so the z will be undergoing some surgery. My plans for the car are mostly to have a track car but still be somewhat drivable on the street. What injector/ecu combo would you recommend for 350-400rwhp. My budget will be around 1,500. I will probably be going with a t3/t4 hybrid of some sort. Here is my current engine setup:

Treadstone FMIC
    CM 3" exhaust
    manual boost controller

I would like to hear from some of you who have experience with nistune and megasquirt. thanks

unless you do all the work your self i do not think 1500 will do...... heck even if you do it your self 1500 will not do it...... i was going for the same thing and i spent well over that...... i dont have myc ar back yet so i cant give you a hp # yet but i will be in that range....

heres my list... thats not all of it just the main stuff.... its over 1500...

1. Completely rebuilt 86 300zx turbo engine

2. Custom built bran new ceramic coated T3/T04e turbo (.63 A/R 57trim)

3. Custom FMIT setup (2.5”)

4. HKS SSQ blow off valve

5. Ceramic coated L&P Z31 300ZX VG30 GUTTED INTAKE PLENUM MANIFOLD

6. 60mm Nissan throttle body kit

7. Apexi AVC-R Electronic Boost Controller

8. New clutch (ACT 6 PUK)

9. Walbro 255 fuel pump

10. 420 injectors

11. 75 wet shot nos

12. Nistune

13. B&M short thou shifter

14. K&N intake

15. straight 3” ½â€™ exhaust

16. z32TT MAF

17. Polyurethane bushing kit

18. 1:1 FPR

19. Derale's Rad dual electric fans (4,000 cfm)

20. welded stock rear end.
    352whp @ 24psi 427.1whp @24psi with Nitrous
    Yes I have raced my Z on the Daytona international speed way.
    Yes I did use nitrous.
    Yes I know how cool that is.

Parts list available upon request :twisted:
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

Comment

I didnt list all of my modifications, just engine, sorry. Yes I do all my own work and the 1500 budget is for fuel/ecu only. The turbo is on a different budget

Comment

ok...... good to hear.... if you have 1500 just for fule and ecu... you should be fine..
        352whp @ 24psi 427.1whp @24psi with Nitrous
        Yes I have raced my Z on the Daytona international speed way.
        Yes I did use nitrous.
        Yes I know how cool that is.

Parts list available upon request :twisted:
        Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD… you know you want to hit it but you’re afraid of the consequences

Comment

You should take the route of whichever parts meet your needs, budget, and skills. You haven't told us what you expect from a system so we cannot tell you anything.
          http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Nistune is available now, and I think that should be your first choice for tuning because of its capability, especially it's only AUD$380 and not to mention a nearly plug and play for your stock system.

For injectors, you can wait until Jason produces his fuel rails (assuming you have the stock sidefeed rails on your 86T, you will need topfeed rails anyway) and see what injectors he recommands.
            Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

Working...
            X