LiveEdit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiveEdit ?

Couple LiveEdit questions for those out there in the know.

#1 Check out this image:

Does this look like a problem with my video card or what? I can't see the whole screen, tabs, etc. The software was downloaded from redz31 and installed per the instructions. I also tried downloading from Laurences site, but can't install as it asks to insert a disk.

[XPpro / Dell P4 / Quadro / 1280x1024]

#2 Lawrence, you mention on your site that you updated the software a couple days ago. Is it in the wild yet?

Thanks!
    It's RWD in reverse.

I've seen that before..

It had something to do with the VB libraries, if memory serves.
    vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
    2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

No idea here, never seen behavior like that. Does it work fine otherwise? Maybe you should e-mail him a link to this thread.

Comment

Pretty unusable.

With the menu obscured, you can't see what page your on, nor the entire table.

When I was installing, a menu popped up with something about my machine having newer VB libraries, and that I should keep them rather than overwrite. Which I did (kept them). Overwriting isn't really an option as it's my work computer.

I guess I'll try emailing Lawrence.
        It's RWD in reverse.

Comment

my guess would be the video driver.... but considering liveedit isn't exactly cutting edge stuff, I would put it down to incompatible hardware/driver that a newer driver will likely not fix

Comment

get a copy of the correct libs, and put them in the same directory as the exe. that way, ONLY LE will use them.

Comment

here, download this http://www.angelfire.com/biz/rhaminisys ... 6ctrls.zip
              and unzip them into the directory with LE.

I've found a way around the "type mismatch" error.

Install LE into the c:live edit directory.
              before playing with it, copy it to something else "c:legood" or whatever.
              from here out, run it from the copied location... I've NEVER seen the 13 mismatch error out of it this way... yet my copy in c:live edit does it every time I try to start it ;D

Comment

Great! Thanks for the archive. I'll try it out later this afternoon.

MK
                It's RWD in reverse.

Comment

try small fonts

That was my problem. I was using large fonts. looked just like that.

Comment

Grrrr.

Okay. I nuked the previous install. Re-installed from the redZ31 archive, copied the beta5 into the dir. Then tossed the binaries from grahfz archive in the c:/live edit/ dir. Same issue, the screen is messed up.

I'm running the "normal" font size in XP.

I've not had a previously secessful install on this machine (Dell workstation, XPpro SP2, all current updates, etc).

I did just try installing on one of our win2k SP4 Dell laptops, I used the LiveEditFinal.rar archive off Laurences site, and it installed fine and seems to work. Bananas and Oranges though. Might just be an XP thing. Anybody else using XPpro SP2?
                    It's RWD in reverse.

Comment

All of my windows machines are running XP pro SP2 :cry:

Comment

well "normal" font size just means windows will not blow up any text, you will see fonts 1:1

that doesn't mean you are using a normal sized font in your theme.... I had that problem with some accounting crap on a laptop, turned out he was using times 12pt which looked the same size as sanserif 10pt (I think) on the desktop, his columns and all that were out of whack....

I changed the font to match and voila it works

Comment

Working...
                        X