Time for Larger Injectors -DSM 450cc's-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Larger Injectors -DSM 450cc's-

I need information on what DSM Injectors 450CC I should buy for nistune.

I ordered Nistune.

I have a 87 Turbo Computer which I believe is low Impedance.

I need the Blue Top Low Impedance 450CC DSM injectors correct?

There are many types as Ive seen on ebay.

Anyone have a set they want to sell me? (In good working condition) :wink:
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Why not the Ford Racing Green Tops? They're high impedance 440's. And the stock harness matches too.
    1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
    2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Yes, blue top 450s will work, but you can also get black top ones as well. The only turbo injectors that werent 450s were the automatic turbo injectors, and I dont remember what color their tops are. DSM injectors can be had fairly cheap, usually about 10 dollars a peice if you look around. The stock harness works on the DSM injectors too, expect for the resistor install.

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

the only difference between blue top and black top DSM injectors is the pintle caps, and therefore the spray pattern.

I'm not sure if it hurts anything to mix and match, but somehow when I got my 450s I ended up with seven blue tops and one black top. I used all blue, of course
        88ss, MegaSquirted.
        t3/t4 60-1 cold, stage 3 hot, FMIC
        450cc DSM injectors, walbro 255
        http://www.z-toys.com/ Boost gauge and MS info

Comment

Re: Time for Larger Injectors -DSM 450cc's-

1SIKZ31 wrote: I need information on what DSM Injectors 450CC I should buy for nistune.

I ordered Nistune.

I have a 87 Turbo Computer which I believe is low Impedance.

I need the Blue Top Low Impedance 450CC DSM injectors correct?

There are many types as Ive seen on ebay.

Anyone have a set they want to sell me? (In good working condition) :wink:
          from what i understand from my DSM friends, if they are blue then you are good to go.. they are low impedance, so if you have a low impedance ecu then you wont need resistors.. these are readily available on ebay for pretty cheap. once you get them, confirm that they all measure the same ohns between the terminals.. then send them to jason and have him clean and flow test them.

you do understand that these do NOT bolt up to the factory fuel rails, right? you will either have to force a piece of hose onto the injectors, or wait until jasons fuel rails are ready for sale.

Comment

From a 1G DSM owner (me):

1G 450cc Blue Top - Turbo w/manual trans. (2.0 to 3.0 ohms)

1G 390cc Grey Top - Turbo w/auto trans. (2.0 to 3.0 ohms)

1G/2G 235cc-250cc - Orange/Pink Top all Non-Turbo cars (13.0 to 16.0 ohms)

2G 450cc Black Top - All Turbo cars (2.0 to 3.0 ohms)

BTW: 1G = 1990 to 1994 / 2G = 1995 to 1999 / 2.0 to 3.0 ohms = Low Impedance / 13.0 to 16.0 ohms = High Impedance

Most DSM info can be found here: http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/ (Beware, lots of info)

Comment

Working...
            X