Low impedence ECU with high impedance injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low impedence ECU with high impedance injectors

I'm doing this turbo conversion and I just wanted some clarification on ECU matching.

Stock car and wiring harness: 1987 auto, non turbo

Converting to:
    1986 T3 (17mm Titania O2 sensor)
    1988 turbo injectors (high impedance)

It is my understanding that a low injector impedance ECU (1984-1987) can drive high impedance injectors (1988-1989). Also that 1986 to 1989 turbo ECUs used Titania O2 sensors. So using all of that, the least common denominator of ECU I can use is a 1986-1989 turbo ECU? Are the pinouts the same as is with my 1987 auto, non turbo harness? Will I be able to plug and play or have to do rewiring?

Thanks,
    Chris

pinouts are different, everything else should be fine.... 87t ecu should be easy to get

Comment

So what exactly does that mean? When I put the turbo computer in my car, do I have to rewire anything? An 87T computer should work like a champ?

Can I use a California ECU in my federal car? What are the differences and does it even matter?

BTW G-E, thanks for the response and for the hosting of the FSMs.

Comment

Does having a california ECU in a federal car matter?

Comment

Yeah because they had to meet different emissions requirements, and the wiring on some things are different.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
          1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
          2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

NissanEgg wrote: Yeah because they had to meet different emissions requirements, and the wiring on some things are different.
            no you're wrong. The ONLY difference between the California and federal ECU's is the presence of an EGT sensor, a california ECU will work just fine in a federal car and vice versa
            Funny stories!

Comment

Working...
            X