tuning with a wide band O2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuning with a wide band O2 sensor

Finally got my Maroon Z running.Installed a CM 3" full exhaust and WB O2 sensor for tuning the Microtech.I'm just getting the hang of it.So far I have my idle at an AFR of 14.5-13.5 and now I'm working on the part throttle tuning when the vacuum is between 10"-25" and cruising from 1000-3000 rpm.
    What AFR should I aim for from 0"-25" through the entire rpm range? Or at least from 10"-25" and from 1000-3000 rpm?

With the Microtech first you tune the IDLE map for 25",20" & 15" of vacuum in mS of injector open time then you tune the LOAD map for 10",5",0" at around 3000 rpm then you tune for boost at ,2psi,4psi,6psi,etc all the way to full boost.
    More steps after this for fine tuning but that gets you the basic fuel map.

Thanks,Rick
    Shiro #443

Anything that isn't high load (85 kpa +) and 2 lbs of boost or more gets 14.7 in my book, unless it's the really really low load areas, I'll do 15:1 or more...
    Attached Files
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

For the lower load areas it should run good with 14.7 up to load areas where you start to see boost. Going more or less in those areas by even as much as half a point did not seem to change the that the engine behaved at all in my situation, just fuel economy. Once you got too lean where it would start to break up (16.5+) it would lose power, and even at 12.9 it seemed just a little boggy. The best way is always going to be tuning it on a dyno, that way you can encounter all loads and RPM's to tune a map for maximum power. I've really only focused my efforts on the boost onset and high load areas, because that's "where the meat is" for power on a turbo car. I'm sure with a truly "optimized" low-load map the engine will respond even better than ever.

As for boost onset, mine runs about 13.5 at 2PSI and then quickly drops into the 12's by 5+PSI

Comment

Thanks for the info.I have to lean it up a bit in vacuum.So far I've tuned it on the street up to 5 psi with an AFR of 10.5-11.5. This week I'll tune it up to 10 psi and keep fine tuning it.
        Problem is that here in Miami you can't find any roads without traffic to do some high boost tuning.Gonna take it to the dyno soon and tune it there.
        Shiro #443

Comment

I always felt that you could run close to 14.7 all the way up to about 0 vac. My reasoning is that if you floor it , which means you really want power, its going to go pretty much straight to 0 vac. At 0 vac you'll want to start tuning for max power rather than economy.

Also, 11.5-10.5 is way too rich for anything under 10psi. I'm guessing youre running it that rich just to be safe for now?

Good luck with everything. If you feel like making the trip up to Tampa sometime after early August we will have our new Dyno Dynamics load dyno. I'd love to help you tune/fine tune things.

Comment

Thanks for the invite.It's a long drive though.About 4 hours from Miami.
            What's a better AFR for 5 psi or less? I still wanna tune it to 11.5-12 on boost.I'm still tuning it a little bit at a time.
            Shiro #443

Comment

Rick88ss wrote: Thanks for the invite.It's a long drive though.About 4 hours from Miami.
              What's a better AFR for 5 psi or less? I still wanna tune it to 11.5-12 on boost.I'm still tuning it a little bit at a time.
              5PSI or less? I'd say 12.0-12.2. It's only over maybe 15PSI or so depending on your setup that you should dip into the 11's for safety. As long as the timing is not overly argessive you should be completely fine in the low-mid 12's with just 5PSI.

Comment

Working...
              X