No announcement yet.

Wiring almost done for Z31 MAF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

280Z Turbo wrote: I got all the wiring correct, aparently, because it just started up.

It only spun over twice before running. It normally takes a lot more coaxing, spitting, and sputtering! It seemed to rev a lot smoother.

EDIT: I just took it out for a testdrive. It runs gooooood! No bucking or missing in boost and it seemed to have more power! 40...70...80...it just kept going. :lol:

I also didn't smell a lot of fumes. FYI, S30s have terrible aerodynamics and tend to suck in exhaust fumes. Must be cleaner emmissions!
    Awesome! I'm really glad you got it all running great with the Z31 ECU!

Sorry I just got your message about the degree wheel :-(

Comment

You know, I think the ECU was in limp mode and it still ran great. L28s have mechanical lifters and make a lot of noise so I'll have to move the knock sensor somewhere else.

Don't worry about that. I figured it out after I called you.

BTW, I think I talked Aaron into the Z31 MAF swap. I recommended an N/A 88-89 ECU for him because of his 370cc injectors.
      1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
      '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
      "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

I know you mentioned that a lot, and I'm not sure who gave people the idea and not sure if I mentioned this before... but you would know right away if it was in limpback mode.

Aaron is going to pick up a lot of power...

Comment

Working...
        X