so my car runs pig rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so my car runs pig rich

and that's why it refuses to restart... if I unhook the fuel pump it will start, then plug it in when it's starting to die and it runs fine....

and if I rev the engine and let the rpm fall it will drop below 700 and try to die unless I keep tapping my foot

odd that stopping the car would still leave so much fuel as to be a problem on restart....

anyway looks like I'll have to get the 88na (88t rom) ecu in there soon, which means I'll start working on the resistors as soon as I install a couple relays to make the front side markers blink

It would be interesting to see how quickly that fuel pressure drops off when you shut the car off. It should hold pressure for awhile.
    Based on what you say, I tend to lean towards 1 or more leaking injectors.
    *No fuel pressure gauge installed or avail?>>>>>
    ~How do the plugs look?....any day and night differences between the cylinders after a couple dozen starts(no starts).
    I am here to help...

Comment

fuel pressure is bang on 36psi at idle

I do have an exhaust leak, and as far as I can tell no intake leaks, and the afm works fine, the take is full of 91 octane with maybe 20% 94 octane that was newly added this year, gas guage works perfectly

I don't have a timing gun but it should be very close to stock....

just a reminder, turbo injectors+ecu... na engine with no turbo attached

*edit* I haven't checked plugs yet, my k-car decided to let go the axle seal so I had some fun with that today

Comment

i am running the 260ccs right now with na comp....seems ok

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

WaZZ300 wrote: i am running the 260ccs right now with na comp....seems ok
          If you're running the turbo injectors, then you need to have the correct turbo ecu to control them. Otherwise, you are running rich. I have an 84NA that has the 260cc injectors but I have the 88NA ecu stinky burned with the 88T bin and I spliced in injector resistors and reversed the injector recall wiring. It runs pretty well, but I either need to have stinky dyno tune it, orfinally get off the pot and decide on a turbo. The turbo shops around here have me confused. One said nothing bigger than a stage 2 turbine wheel would fit in the factory housing, another said they could do a p trim. One said they couldn't work with it at all! Its 3am and Im rambling off topic, sorry! But you still need the right ecu to control those biger injectors!

Comment

you need to find a better turbo shop >:|

I have a stage 3 wheel in a stock housing, it just needs to be bored out!

Several people have put stage 5 wheels in the stock housing. That's probably about as far as you can go, the metal gets a bit thin at that point.
            88ss, MegaSquirted.
            t3/t4 60-1 cold, stage 3 hot, FMIC
            450cc DSM injectors, walbro 255
            http://www.z-toys.com/ Boost gauge and MS info

Comment

tmbg wrote: you need to find a better turbo shop >:|

I have a stage 3 wheel in a stock housing, it just needs to be bored out!

Several people have put stage 5 wheels in the stock housing. That's probably about as far as you can go, the metal gets a bit thin at that point.
              the metal gets thin, so they have to clip down bigger wheels.
              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

nice double post..

I thought that i read on jasons thing to not run the turbo ecu, unless you have a turbo. But i think i realize now that that was with out the injectors...dam it, i can't read off of computers very well. the lines all intermix. ops:

Comment

Dang it, I hate double posting!

I have no idea how that happened. ops: Like I said, it was 3am and I was tired. Hopefully someone will delete the 2nd one. Sorry!

Comment

shoot i don't care

OBTW, I put the turbo ecu in, and my bottom end and pretty much alot of power came back.

I am such a crack head :lol:

Comment

Working...
                    X