Z32 AFM- NEW OPTION! :!: !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z32 AFM- NEW OPTION! :!: !

guys whats up? this may be common knowledge here, but i havent read it anywhere yet. the AFM on the ~1990 Maxima is the same part # as the one on the Z32. i found this out as i was going to the junkyard to pick up the AFM on a J30 that i had seen yesterday and didnt pick up wanting to verify part #. well today when i went there, the one on the J30 was gone, just my luck. well i found a newer maxima and thought i'd look at that AFM and...you guessed it, same part #. by the way, this wasnt the SE model, it was the single cam VG30E.
    Must Go Faster, Faster Untill The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.

I think someone noted it in the past (J30 vg33?), but it's good to have this knowledge spread around if it's not all that common... thanks for letting us know for sure!

I also wonder if the 90-92 M30 has the same maf as it's also a 90+ VG30E

Comment

I just did a part number comparison in FAST and on the napa website. Neither show the maxima and z32 afm as being the same part number. I did test a maxima afm and it reads less air than the z32. I also confirmed that the Infiniti J30 afm is a match to the z32.

Comment

sorry if i provided the wrong info, but the part # i was given here when i asked was N60 and N62, and the one i got out of the Maxime was the N60. according to Pylon_Boy they are the same.

http://z31.com/board/read.php?id=160272&srf=nyet

Comment

Oh... hehe... I guess you missed the meeting where we discussed to never trust anything he says on Z31.com

Comment

http://redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=500

I is so smrt

Comment

so, is the N60 the same or not?

Comment

`

Comment

Whats up! Just registered on here. The M30 has the N60 MAF, well at least the 1990 model but I am sure the rest have the same.
                  1990 M30T.......in the works

Comment

Definitely not the same. I have a Maxima and those of us turbocharging them look for the Z32 maf as ours don't handle much. I'm probably only putting down maybe 215 or so hp to the ground and my S-AFC is showing a 40-50% reading. I've accidentally pegged it at 15 psi according to the S-AFC.

What sucks is I have two Z32's... and the MAF was missing on both. I wasn't too happy about that one. :lol:

Comment

According to what i have heard, the N60 meters a shitload less air. Around 350HP and we know the Z32 N62 will do apparantly 480HP or so. If the N60 is the same i would be fuckin stoked cus i see them all over the yards. I think the maxima ones are metal like our stock ones and some the J30's have plastic ones similar to the N62. I know for a fact i found a N62 in the yard from a newer J30 and i sold it on ebay, damnit wish i would have hung onto it.

Comment

N60 is the M30 / J30 maxima meter. It's plastic. Said to be good for 300-350 (crank)hp.
                        I'd think it's on the lower side of this. My VG33 + heads + JWTS2 cams + GT35R pins the meter (8 psi @ 6300 rpm).

N62 is Z32 (NA/TT). Looks the same as the N60. Good into the low 500's (wheel)hp.
                        It's RWD in reverse.

Comment

Working...
                        X