Capacity of stock turbo AFM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacity of stock turbo AFM

During testing with my new turbo the last days i found out that the stock AFM reads more power than i expected. Could bearound 300R-320 RWHP. Has anyone here around checked/analized that precisely?

Dino wrote: During testing with my new turbo the last days i found out that the stock AFM reads more power than i expected. Could bearound 300R-320 RWHP. Has anyone here around checked/analized that precisely?
    I haven't tested it myself, but that sounds about right. I remember someone else getting very similar results in the past. Was this on a Dyno?
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

This was with a stock AFM
      http://www.ibconceptions.com/blackhawk/Aaron33LDyno.jpg
      imagination is a virtue

Comment

no, i wasn´t on a dyno yet but i estimated the power by taking acceleration times. (Maybe 100 to 200 km/h on a flat road).

@craZed: aha. the AF-curve is showing kind of a knee point @5200RPM. Above that the AF-curve is going constantly up. This could be the AFM-maximum.

Thanks

Comment

and or the 260s maxing out
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

I had a feeling that was about the limit of the stock afm. I'll be testing that on the dyno once we get it up and running. What voltage are you hitting at that power level?

Comment

Im sure I read somewhere that the stock AFM can be modified to meter more air... I can't remember where I saw it now, might of even been on Jason's page.
              Attached Files
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Pretty much any maf could be modified to read more. How easy it is to do is the tricky part. On top of that you need to create a new VQ map to keep things accurate which is the real hard part.

Comment

well stinky, if you guys want to make some money, develop a nice 4" adapter that will bypass some air around the afm, and make that new vqmap, then sell the kit, if you use the stock afm then there's no worry about dropping resistors or modifying ecus ....

just a thought

Comment

a guy on hybrid put the mas in a 3.5 inch tube and the upgraded the injectors and then adjusted the fuel pressure untill it was right on. I know its the best way to do it but it worked.

tbs
                    Blue & Silver 81 zxt, 88 ECCS
                    Z32 mas,450cc injectors
                    ported exhaust manifold, cable throttle linkage
                    t3/t4e 12psi , 3inch exhaust, K&N,
                    ACT clutch, 240sx t/b, 1G DSM BOV
                    Custom Intake FINISHED
                    Ported and Polished N42
                    Tan 88-89 conquest seats
                    Sperco IC 18.5x6x3.5
                    2.5 IC pipes
                    Suspension work!!
                    Nistune
                    Zeitronix Wideband
                    240sx transmission
                    Soon:
                    95 Maxima Alternator

Comment

`

Comment

@stinky: hard to say because my tuning software shows 0,45volts @ idle and 3,81V @ 18psi and 5200RPM. I never achieved a higer value than 3,81V. But i am sure that should be 5 Volts or so(Maxvalue). I have to fix that software problem. But the AFM is defenitively maxxed out because Voltage is rising only minimal with a big increase of boost.

- 100% stock Z31turbo: 3,14v @ 5200RPM = 203hp WHP
                        - tuned z31: 3,42V@ 3600RPM @20psi
                        3,81V@5200RPM@18psi = est.: 350RWHP

Comment

@Bernardd:

Did you take a photo of the AFM in a larger tube?

I consider that as an alternative to the Z32-AFM.

Comment

`

Comment

yes, nistune. No i haven´t adjusted that offset because i do not understand it entirely. If i set an offset i wouldn´t read 0,45v @ idle any more, but 0,45v @ idle is ok. Could you please explain the nistune offset - thing detailed ?

I can try the digital volt meter and tell you the result. I once wanted to do test it like this but wires where too short and had connection problem while driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X