No announcement yet.

chts discussion, enriching trick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crowbar wrote: How much do you crush the fuel pressure regulator to get Simultaneous injection?
    I am beginning to not like you, and that is kinda hard (unless your a dick)because i am usually very open minded.

Anyways that is besides the point. Unless you use the tps POT it will cause a very odd idle. Also you are questioning tested and proven. And furthermore i don't see the advantage of simultanious injection over squential. You are still getting the same AFR.
    KILL HADJI

Comment

LOL. The cars use simultaneous injection over 3000 rpm all the time.
      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

actually crabbie I was only half referencing you, further expanding on the crushing fpr idea for anyone who might have missed it

besides what exactly is the benefit to 6 injectors firing over 3 ?

"hey baby my car fires all six injectors at once"
        "oooh yeah that makes me hot"
        "yea you like that eh"
        "mmm hmmmm"

Comment

I am not a firm believer in romping on the car when it isn't warmed up...it isn't the best idea.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

yeah, i have read about that stuff

Comment

Again, I do not want to advance the distributor. Its becoming apparent that is not getting through.

Nissan designed the cars to use simultaneous injection when running over 3000 rpm. Think about that.
              Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

WaZZ300 wrote: I am not a firm believer in romping on the car when it isn't warmed up...it isn't the best idea.
                Yes. That is not good. But who is saying to do that?
                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

i posted before about trying Crowbars CHTS mod and recommending this mod... its convienant to have two settings with the throw of a toggle switch..its not a permanent mod like crushing a FPR....my car[remote turbo 88 vg30 200sx] has the same gremlins as most vg30 Nissans.The cold start device comes off fast idle alittle to soon and the idle is a little crappy until it gets fully warmed up.This clears that up immediatey....I find with the price of gas that i'm using more of the 87crap grade than i used to purchase,with the toggle in the off setting the timing is set exactly stock and the car wont ping...but if i'm using better grade 91-93 gas,i throw the sitch on and the car feels great with the advanced[10 degrees] more timing on the better fuel..its a good mod to try for the little effort needed to install.

Comment

crowbar wrote: Many people say that their VG30 cars feel 'great' a few minutes after they start them. On colder days, they say this 'effect' can last longer. They express that the car feels 'flat' after fully warming up. .
                    I thought that is what you were saying...

But i probably misinturpreted it.

Because I don't know how you can feel the greatness with out romping on it.

Comment

I'm not getting why you'd want all the injectors going....

I can forsee a scenario where the post-recall wiring is not good however, when the airflow is rising quickly, opening injectors 3 cylinders away and not the adjacent one that's firing next could create more afr variation than desired

anyway the idea with batch injection is you squirt some on each cycle, you can get away with smaller injectors and lower duty cycle, this is why sr20det comes with 370cc, they need more fuel per injection since they inject less often, the ideal is going sequential not batch

Comment

GE and Bum...or anyone other than crowbar, (yep I said it, deal with it)

I thought I understood this but perhaps I am mistaken...

I believed that at low rpm the Z31 with the recall work has sequential injector input. Then at higher rpm (3k seems like a good number but I'm not recalling the exact rpm) the injectors went to batch fire/input.

Now I took that "batch" meaning one bank/side at a time. I suppose that could mean that all injectors are firing/inputting at the same time. At higher rpms I'm not sure how sequential would really be advantageous. Or how it would really matter if it was separate sides vs both at the same side at the same time. OK...I need some help on this one guys.

If I am missing something here I would really love to know. :?
                        Just stand back and throw money.
                        Performance costs money.
                        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I do not see where the Nissan shop manual states that this shift from one form of injection is turbo models only.

I also do not see all the confusion. Follow the link above and there is a graphical picture and explanation.
                          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: GE and Bum...or anyone other than crowbar, (yep I said it, deal with it)

I thought I understood this but perhaps I am mistaken...

I believed that at low rpm the Z31 with the recall work has sequential injector input. Then at higher rpm (3k seems like a good number but I'm not recalling the exact rpm) the injectors went to batch fire/input.

Now I took that "batch" meaning one bank/side at a time. I suppose that could mean that all injectors are firing/inputting at the same time. At higher rpms I'm not sure how sequential would really be advantageous. Or how it would really matter if it was separate sides vs both at the same side at the same time. OK...I need some help on this one guys.

If I am missing something here I would really love to know. :?
                            the ecu has only two injector drivers, unlike later ecus (eg. z32 which have 6)

so it dumps fuel into cylinders 1-3 just before cyl #1 fires, again since it shoots the gas at the back of a closed valve you have a small puddle that doesn't really dissipate.... how is all six injectors shooting repeatedly to build up the fuel the cylinder will use? it isn't, only crowbar seems to think it is

Comment

as an addendum:

the only reason jecs made the ecus batch fire is the relative slow processing speed, with all the inputs and outputs they couldn't reliably get sequential injection working, the higher rpm is that much quicker, at 6000rpm you are firing injectors at 600 times per second, monitoring all the sensors and doing calculations meanwhile which all take time to read and analyze before deciding how much to inject....

as processing power increased, more sensors were added, and sequential injection became the norm, nowadays you have seperate traction control ecus and such to handle the various braking calculations that are even more complicated than running the car

pre-recall the z31 injects 1-2-3, 4-5-6

Comment

at 6000rpm you are firing injectors at 600 times per second,
                                At 6000 rpm, you have a rotational speed of 100 revolutions a second. You seem to imply that each injector is 'firing' each revolution? Is that correct?
                                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Working...
                                X