Going to be doing the z31 eccs in my 240 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be doing the z31 eccs in my 240 turbo

Sean has convinced me, much like how I convinced him to go turbo. Really the last question I have is I have 370cc injectors, how does that work with a stock ecu? Also, I think I am going to start off simple with a 84 turbo ecu just to get it running.

What are my tuning options?

He has a 1981 280ZX Turbo setup, much like mine, for those that don't know.

This is my Z31 MAF thread here:

http://redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=403

His setup would require more tuning than mine, however, because he runs quite a bit of boost and he has larger injectors. He has it running okay now with 1981 electronics because you can turn the plastic gear in the AFM to lean it out. Z31s don't have a similar adjustment, do they?

We were talking about an 88-89 N/A ECU last night, but those are rather hard to find, it seems.
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
    "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

`

Comment

WannaBREz wrote: Sean has convinced me, much like how I convinced him to go turbo. Really the last question I have is I have 370cc injectors, how does that work with a stock ecu? Also, I think I am going to start off simple with a 84 turbo ecu just to get it running.

What are my tuning options?
        Expanding on what bernard said, you have virtually limitless options when using the 88-89 ECU, but you can use any 84-89 ECU with success (the earlier ones are just a lot more complicated to install a socket in). You can adjust or replace anything and everything provided you have time to make it work right. 370cc injectors is literally a 10min ordeal to tune with access to a wideband.

Start here (you don't need a romulator, but it is the easiest/cheapest way to tune on the fly): http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel/romulator.html

Comment

Working...
        X