Any news on Ashspec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on Ashspec?

I remember a while back on z31.com ashspec was going to develop z31 zemulator or some option like that. Any news on if this is still in progress or was it given up?

by the way first time poster, long time lurker. :lol:
    Looking for my next Z31.

04 Cobra
    85 turbo -sold

LAZ300 wrote: I remember a while back on z31.com ashspec was going to develop z31 zemulator or some option like that. Any news on if this is still in progress or was it given up?

Ash will tune an 88-89 ECU if you contact him and inform him of what you're looking for. He has made mention of the older ECU's being tuneable, but he hasn't spent any time with them as of yet. He has atleast 1 Z31 ECU he has already tuned and installed and has been taking feedback from the car.

Welcome to Z31P.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Welcome to Z31Performance

In my opinion it would be a pretty big waste of time for Ash to continue to develop any ECU tuning product for the Z31. It's such a small market that already has solutions in the works. NisTune is also lightyears above the zemulator and will be released very soon; but last time I spoke with Ash he was still completely oblivious to its existence.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info
        Looking for my next Z31.

04 Cobra
        85 turbo -sold

Comment

Supposedly the Zem can be plugged right into the VG Maxima ecu. Its the socketed type so I don't see why not... but if NIStune will be better there'd be no point in spending the money on the Zem.

Jason... happen to know if NisTune would be able to read Nissan's V8 maps? I've had issues with the other rom software reading it correctly. There's one that John Dixon over at HybridZ put together that was made solely for the Q45 roms but that NIStune looks real nice and would definitely have many more benefits.

Comment

what is it about the roms that can't be read? what kind of chips?

you know running a v8 isn't exactly harder than running a v6, especially with batch injection, in fact with a custom distributor (or at least cas if you use aftermarket ignition) you could use the z31 efi in a v8 or i4 or i6.... it doesn't really care, airflow is airflow, as long as the full engine rotation matches what it expects from the cas....

Comment

Its moreso that the current software that's been developed for Nissan ECU's seems to only support 4 and 6 cylinder setups. Basically... they simply won't read my Q45 files.

I just found out that NIStune is being worked on to work with the Q45 as well. John Dixon talked to them about it supporting the Q45 ecu so it looks like I won't have to worry about that anymore. John actually stopped developing his because of it so now I just have to wait for the NIStune. This is going to be awesome.

I can modify the Q45 ecu as it is with John's older software, but it just doesn't really compare to some of the others out there. It will at least allow me to get the correct fuel and timing maps for the time being. The map trace and whatnot with the NIStune will make it all so much easier though, so that will definitely be an awesome upgrade.

The VH45 uses a coil over plug ignition setup and has pretty nice ecu stock so I'd like to keep all of that instead of downgrading. Should be a problem now though.

Comment

LAZ300 wrote: I remember a while back on z31.com ashspec was going to develop z31 zemulator or some option like that. Any news on if this is still in progress or was it given up?

*I gave up hope, and have e-mailed once a month now for a couple of months asking to have him return my 4 ecus and 1 ecu harness.
                2 yrs.
                no updates
                very slow to respond
                ~hmmm, yup, I'm a dope.
                ops:
                I am here to help...

Comment

He STILL has not returned your ECU's?

I'd be calling the cops on his ass right about now.

Comment

Working...
                  X