Methanol Lean/Rich Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methanol Lean/Rich Control

What are the meth guys here using to lean/rich their motors? The local DSM guys all use the SAFC and they work great and seeeeemmmmless when the methanol engauges. Can this be done on an 88t ecu as well?

Thanks.
    2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Yeah, just develop a tune for methanol use. You should only need to adjust fuel and timing as soon as the methanol starts spraying, and if you set the TP scale for very close to whatever boost pressure (or maf voltage?) you have the methanol triggered to come on at, it should be "seamless". Just don't run out of meth...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Yeah, just develop a tune for methanol use. You should only need to adjust fuel and timing as soon as the methanol starts spraying, and if you set the TP scale for very close to whatever boost pressure (or maf voltage?) you have the methanol triggered to come on at, it should be "seamless". Just don't run out of meth...
      right on, it'll be based on boost and with a clever design I'm trying to get at least a 1.5-2.0 gallon tank crammed in the engine bay.
      2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

If you're running straight methanol, you probably won't need a tank nearly that big.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: If you're running straight methanol, you probably won't need a tank nearly that big.
          The bigger the better in my case. I plan on using this stuff wrecklessly.
          2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

`

Comment

Here's a good read on this subject

http://www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox ... _main.html
              [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
              [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
              2000 Porsche Boxster
              2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

Working...