Cobra MAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra MAF

Hello, new to the board and while I'm at it: thanks Jason for all the info! I know the JWT kit uses the cobra MAF but it doesn't seem like too many around here do.. is it because of the mapping or is the VG30DETT MAF just easier to use? Reccomendations? Thanks in advance
    Dan

I'd say it's about a 50/50 split. I use the cobra MAF (for now) because I found one way cheaper than any Z32 maf. The Z32 maf does appear to meter a bit more air (speculated 480hp vs 450hp) at 5.12V DC.

They are both about the same in terms of difficulty to install.

Ford maf: obtain and splice wiring pigtail to stock harness
    Z32 maf: shave the front "flange" down to fit a 3" tube or buy the filter adapter.

Comment

hmmmm.. i got the Cobra one. i hope it works good after installing the AFC.
      i upgraded turbo(t3/t4), MAF (cobra), Injectors(420ci), and Fuel pump. the car is not running good even with the JWT ECU. so the mechanic told me that it needs an AFC and recomended APEXi S-AFC. i got it and will see what happen when it will finish. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12845
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNwkgB_tV0E

Comment

so the mechanic told me that it needs an AFC and recomended APEXi S-AFC
        :?
        Here's a "RED HOT Wrench", go hand it to that mechanic

For the hassle and the price, then figure the in ability to tune accurately.....
        All I can say is hold the wallet tightly when around this mechanic.
        I am here to help...

Comment

Here's a "RED HOT Wrench", go hand it to that mechanic

For the hassle and the price, then figure the in ability to tune accurately.....
          All I can say is hold the wallet tightly when around this mechanic.
          i can't hold my wallet when it comes to my Z. i want good tight work even if it cost me allot more.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12845
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNwkgB_tV0E

Comment

maldhaheri wrote: i can't hold my wallet when it comes to my Z. i want good tight work even if it cost me allot more.
            your mechanic doens't know what is best for your z.
            Tom's Z31 300ZX Page
            NEz31s - The Northeast's Performance Z31 Club

Comment

`

Comment

[quote]Bernardd wrote:
                Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
                I'd say it's about a 50/50 split. I use the cobra MAF (for now) because I found one way cheaper than any Z32 maf. The Z32 maf does appear to meter a bit more air (speculated 480hp vs 450hp) at 5.12V DC.

They are both about the same in terms of difficulty to install.

Ford maf: obtain and splice wiring pigtail to stock harness
                Z32 maf: shave the front "flange" down to fit a 3" tube or buy the filter adapter.
                don't forget you need to drop the maf voltage from the cobra maf to get 450hp metering.
                Nope, my car made 418RWHP which is over 450 crank with the maf voltage maxed out, this was before I built the bypass. If you translate CFM roughly to HP the 5,12v point on the cobra MAF is almost exactly 450hp worth of air...

Comment

`

Comment

Working...
                  X