Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z31 ECCS on L28ET: switch injectors wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z31 ECCS on L28ET: switch injectors wires?

I'm using a 1984 ECCS on my 1981 L28ET and I've heard some people talk about switching the #2 and #5 injector wires, but nobody has really explained why. I assume it's because of the firing order and batch fire mode.

The firing order on the L28 is 1-5-3-6-2-4, FYI.

Some people switch them, some don't. Should I switch them?
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
    "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Is that a turbo ecu?
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Of course.
      1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
      '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
      "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

`

Comment

280Z Turbo wrote:
          I assume it's because of the firing order and batch fire mode. The firing order on the L28 is 1-5-3-6-2-4, FYI.
          Yep:

Comment

I doubt these schemes matter much since after 3000 rpm , its all simultaneous. Also, the conditions for switching from one to the other may depend on the year. The 86 field shop manual says that any time the commanded pulse width for the fuel injector is 6.5msec or so, it goes to simultaneous injection.

Nissan obviously feels that simultaneous injection allows a car to start better, and perform better.
            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

no nissan felt the injectors were small and needed to double up to have adequate time to get the fuel out

yes you should rewire the injectors so driver 1 is connected to the first 3 firing cylinders regardless what order the engine is

odds and evens

Comment

How does one double up? The diagram clearly shows the increased frequency but shorter pulse width?
                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

and I suppose going by the diagram it always pulses the same width too?

please stop posting already

Comment

I guess that you suppose whatever you want. Unfortunately, what you are saying is false.

The fact is that there would be no benefit to opening and closing the injector if the goal was to flow more fuel. One would just leave it open longer.

Nissan is using a method where it distributes the fuel flow in two durations instead of one.

The diagram shows the instantaneous moment of changing from one form of injection to another. Its that simple.
                    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Working...
                    X