Nistune - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 300zxturboftw View Post
    So I chased back all the grounds and found the coil pack wasn't grounded well. That was an easy fix. Car runs much better, but again once fan turns on it draws the rpms down and afrs lean out a crazy amount.

I have a feeling my battery terminal cannot support that much flow thru it. I'll have to find a new solution

Thoughts?
    Are you running a relay for your fan? What alternator are you running. Sounds like you need a higher amp setup.

Comment

90 amp maxima alternator. Got a derale 16749 fan controller set up with it. I need to see how many amps the fan is drawing...
      Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Comment

You've got to upgrade that alternator bro. 90A is weak considering the accessories you've added over time. Frontier/Xterra run 100A, Quest run 125A, Titans run 150A.. You can ether mod your mount/tensioner or attempt to swap the front casing.

Also not sure how you're running that controller, i'm more of a DIY'er and used a sentra temp switch in the radiator petcock to provide relay ground, which supplies power to high speed switch of some maxi fans
        Last edited by 88sinZ; 06-06-2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I've cut the radiator hose and put a temp switch in an adapter. Variable temp controller, but relay runs off ground. I guess I'll have to look into upgrading. Honestly all I have is 3 gauges and a boost controller. Wouldn't think that would take much.

Comment

14.7 is a little lean for idle on a batch fire setup. normally the idle is most stable in the low 13 range. If you continue to have issues I would play with injector latency a bit.
            lm7 swapped z
            350z 6speed
            s475 turbo
            microsquirt ems
            street car
            http://www.youtube.com/user/redz31t?blend=21&ob=5

Comment

Update. Once all the intercooler piping was completed the car runs amazing. idles at 14.7 when warmed up and runs great. MAF didn't like the turbulence with open piping.

Comment

Originally posted by 88sinZ View Post
                It sounds like it's 'hunting'

I see you're using the AEM UEGO. A quick search doesn't say if it has a 'dummy' signal to the ECU. If it has this feature wire it in any report back.

I wouldn't worry about the TPS values if you're running the OEM TPS, wouldn't hurt to meter it just to be sure. I'm running a stanza TPS on a Q45 TB with a wiring mod, no idle controls at all, innovate LC-1 with 'dummy' signal and it idles fine. Cams shouldn't be considered with this issue.

Did you follow the most recent NisTune setup guide? is your software up to date?
                I am very curious if this works properly? I have a PLX SM-AFR and it has a simulated narrow band 0-1VDC output in which I would like to run to Pin 24 of the ECU, but I am not sure if this works. Have you any experience running like this? I noticed this morning on my Nistune gauge screen that my narrow band signal is dead. I have a weird combo as my car is a 1986 and it is a 1988 ECU. 1986 has a screwball 3-wire titainia sensor and the 1988 ECU is looking for a 4-wire version.
                2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

CAG8OR - i can not confirm the 'dummy' input pin #. i have ran a 'dummy' input for roughly 1,400mi with 0 issues. i would suggest properly treating/coating your wideband ground to prevent erranious grounds as the electrical values are fairly precise.

Comment

Working...
                  X