microsquirt install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microsquirt install questions

Hey guys here from Australia, currently installing microsquirt I have currently wired everything up including the relays, fuses, trigger wheel, map,intake temp,coolant temp and 550cc high impedence injectors but have stumbled on CAS wiring and ignition output, i understand there are different inputs to choose from to wire to the CAS, i believe from the research iv'e done vr1 wires is the correct wires? im running the stock ignition coil with a PWR-2 , i know there's alot of older threads on the internet regarding mega/microsquirt installs, but there to old to provide photo's on those threads, maybe if you guys provide the answers ill draw a fresh complete diagram so people dont get stuck in this position!.

i was previously running nistune on my car but after going through 2 ecu's, 4 mafs and a patched 32 years old wiring harness i bit the bullet, i want something that's going to be reliable and easily replaceable, I'm not dissing nistune, just needed something newer to work with.

I believe this is how we wired Andrew84zx car with the Z31 cas green=cam angle, red=+, blk=-, white = crank angle. He's on the Efisource Goldbox MS3.
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Here's a pic from Felix Hamilton's microsquirt kit
      :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -

Comment

Thanks nismo, so if green and white wires are the signal wires coming off the cas what input wires do they connect to? VR- , VR+ , OLED ? I've also read that I need a 1k resistor running off the sensor wires from vref 5v.

Comment

Felix uses the VR1+ for Crank with the DIYAutoTune wheel. He says thereno reason to wire in the Cam sync on the microsquirt system. (He has setup dozens VG microsquirts & Megasquirts) Also Thanks Felix For the Microsquirt info! Here's info from the Efisource microsquirt I combined 2 pages to make this pic. You'll be using VR1.

Here's a pic of Andrew84zx' CAS wiring to the MS3 Gold Box Harness.

More info from DIYAutoTune about their wheel. Don't use the factory CAS wheel.
          https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...-trigger-disc/

Comment

Working...
          X