Someone with a JWT ecu, soldering iron, and a DMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone with a JWT ecu, soldering iron, and a DMM

This may have been discussed before but I can't remember anything. Can't hurt to post it anyway. Basically I need to know the resistance values of the two resistors jwt mods for the cobra maf ecus. If someone could one end of each resistor and measure the resistance with a DMM I'd love them for it. HondaHater is severly maxing out his cobra maf and I want to make sure I have the resistors right. Thanks guys.

3BAR or 4BAR?

I "have" the resistance values for both somewhere, taken from pictures of each ECU's maf drop resistors. Using the equation for resistors in parallel should give the resistance plus or minus the combined tolerance of the resistors.

Comment

I'll take both if you got them. Although I would imagine they are the same.

Comment

Stinky wrote: I'll take both if you got them. Although I would imagine they are the same.
        They're not... pretty sure I remember they drop the voltage in the 4bar by about half a volt to get ~550hp metering from the cobra maf instead of ~450hp.

Comment

According to nistune, with no resistors in the ecu, the cobra maf is reading about .6 volts idling at about 1000rpm. That doesnt leave much room for bringing the voltage down but I guess it works. Were the vqmaps different between the two jwt chips?

Comment

Weird, according to my multimeter it's close to 1V @1000rpm from my cobra maf.

Yes, both the VQ maps and resistors used are different. I'll find the pictures for you soon.

Comment

3bar:
              http://www.redz31.com/images/forum/3bar.jpg

4bar:
              http://www.redz31.com/images/forum/4bar.jpg

I had them wirtten down at one point, I think I even talked to you about it... but you can see the color codes and note the cut trace and jumper for R201.

Comment

Working...
              X