Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on AEM's Universal EMS

Original Thread was lost due to our friends from Turkey :cry:

Talked to a tech at AEM (evidently the guy I originaly had spoken to didnt know much on the Universal EMS.)
    Anyways AEMs EMS DOES NOT SUPPORT the VG30ET's 360 degree optical decoder signal from the stock CAS, so I am going the Trigger gear route with a 60-2 Gear from Electromotive I should have no problem fabbing something up to incorprate it with my Unorthodox Pulley. Tomorrow I will post up part numbers for everything you need to run the EMS on the VG30et with AEMs own CDI Coilpacks in case anyone else is interested in the future.
    2005 whore magnet

Did they happen to mention any reason why it wouldnt work? I see they have a setup for the z32. The z32 cas wheel should be very similar to the z31. Maybe you could snag a wheel from something to make the z31 spit out the same signal?

Comment

Or use signal conditioning to make it work.
      Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

just my opinion but if your gonna spend lots of money getting a standalone why would you want to keep the distributor? Coilpacks FTW
        http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

This is what I'm getting when the time comes...

http://www.enginemanagement.com.au/prod ... cts_id=107

I got a friend running 10s with this standalone system, supports the VG30 too.
          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Stinky wrote: Did they happen to mention any reason why it wouldnt work? I see they have a setup for the z32. The z32 cas wheel should be very similar to the z31. Maybe you could snag a wheel from something to make the z31 spit out the same signal?
            I asked him and he just said they spit out different signals, i didnt get into any details
            2005 whore magnet

Comment

onefast87 wrote: just my opinion but if your gonna spend lots of money getting a standalone why would you want to keep the distributor? Coilpacks FTW
              Never planned on it
              You can use the CAS without using the distributor
              2005 whore magnet

Comment

Part Numbers in case anyone else is interested

AEM does not make a complete "Kit" for thier Universal EMS so you would have to buy everything seperatly, everything listed below isnt required nor is it all the options available its just what I am using. If you want to know any more part numbers or options just let me know, and NO I cannot get anyone else employee pricing, sorry.

301900- Universal EMS
                302002- Wideband 02 kit for 301900
                302010- AIT Sensor Kit
                302011- Coolant Sensor Kit
                302060- Micro Relay Kit
                302130-50 3.5 Bar MAP Sensor Kit
                302900-72 Universal 72" Harness w Fuse and Relay Panels
                392813 6 Cylinder CDI With built in Wasted Spark Coils
                2005 whore magnet

Comment

Working...
                X