maf change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maf change

on my current setup i'm running a reman cobra maf and since i put the reman in i haven't been able to get the car to run properly. i'm considering swapping out the maf for a z32 maf. i have a z32 maf that is available to me for free and i would like to try it. what changes do i need to make to run the z32 maf? i know i need to rewire the maf plug and redo some intake stuff but thats the easy part. what will i need to change in the bin files to make it run properly with my 420cc injectors? the car did work great before the reman with a used 1993 ford cobra maf . that used maf went bad so i replaced it with the with the reman one .

boost. does a body good!

All you'll need to do is change the harness back to the stock plug, then change the VQmap in your binary from the one for the cobra maf to the Z32 maf. The z32 maf also has a funky inlet flange, so you have to cut it down or buy the little adapter to put a regular 3" coupler on it. You will have to recheck AFR's across the table and maybe tweak the K val a little afterwards.

Comment

Z32 Maf Adapter:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-96-Ni ... dZViewItem

8)
      I am here to help...

Comment

i have a stillen z32 intake from a 1990 z32 that owned before my 350z so i won't have to change the maf. does any one have the vq map for the z32 maf? and does it have to be changed in the rom editor or can i change it in live edit?

boost. does a body good!

Comment

VQmap swaps in liveedit or nistune are SUPER easy. Just look at that tab in LE for a few seconds and you will understand.

Comment

Working...
          X