No announcement yet.

ecu database link for pinouts and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's swapping the EFI harness to another body, meaning he needs to move pins to plug it in where it connects to the body harness.

Comment

I'm not a good example but I've got the car running with the 87t in an 87na using the 87na harness minus the o2 sensor

I did cut the 87t efi harness behind the engine when I yanked it, so I don't have the connectors going to the ecu but I have the colours I could look at to figure out whats what

Comment

The only person that seems to be on the same page as me is ...me.

*I'm not swapping any harnesses.
        I am just stuck on IF there is indeed any wires that are going to need to be moved in the efi harness when swapping from an '87t ecu to an '88na ecu.
        I see three wires essentially that seem to be in different locations within the plug. I also see that I will need to run a new wire from the O2 sensor to the ecu.
        :roll:
        I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: *I'm not swapping any harnesses.
          I am just stuck on IF there is indeed any wires that are going to need to be moved in the efi harness when swapping from an '87t ecu to an '88na ecu.
          No.

Only the wiring change for the O2 sensor, and that does not connect from the EFI to body harness.

Comment

Help!
            My eyes are stuck staring inwards and yup..I got a bald spot now!
            Organizing everything seperately on graph paper...
            The only difference that'll matter, is like you say Jason, the o2 needing to be wired to the ecu. It's funny that the '87fsm says that the auto's didn'thave any tps and that 1 wire in the harness for the afm circuit is no longer there, according to the '88fsm.

**The next doubt on my mind....
            ~I removed the 3 resistors in the '88 ecu as written up on your website for the AFM cicuit mod. I have a N62(z32tt) AFM that I am using for this build/install. I noticed that there is only 4 out of 6 wire positions used on the z32 AFM(B,C,D,E). The z31 AFM has 6 terminals/wires in the harness(A,B,C,D,E,F). All the z31's from 84-87 used 6 wires. In 1988, the fsm shows 1 wire being left out of the harness. I'm not too worried about that because that particular wire is in a position within the harness that will not be needed, position A, or was it it F?..(I'd have to look again) I do not have the year that this z32AFM came from(other than it is labelled HOY@*!O@UE*N62*). With-out knowing the year z32 it came from, I'm unsure of what fsm to look at to understand the functions of those specific terminals(B,C,D,E).
            Does anyone know, so I can be clear minded, that just merely plugging in the Z31 harness to the Z32 N62 AFM is a proper thing to do?(will I need to change any wires around within the afm harness to match it up properly with the z32 afm?)
            ***I can't wait to get this out of the way, leaving me with exahust and intercooler to deal with! YAY!
            8)
            Dan
            I am here to help...

Comment

Dan,

You are aware of the resistors not needed for the Z32 AFM, correct?
              Originally posted by Andrew84zx
              tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
              545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Is'nt that what I said?
                ~I removed the 3 resistors in the '88 ecu as written up on your website for the AFM cicuit mod. I have a N62(z32tt) AFM that I am using for this build/install.

The question now pertains to the N62 (Z32TT)AFM:

*Are the functions of the pins in the afm the same(z31 and n62(z32)? OR
                Do I have to switch a couple wires in the harness for the N62(z32) afm to work properly with the ecu?
                I am here to help...

Comment

``

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Bernard, thanks for clearly stating it for me.
                    *I gave up on the idea of using the n/a idle control. I was just trying to be as complete as possible with what I am doing and it seems that it was just making things too complicated. I left the air regulator and egr, but those things can be unplugged if needed for tuning(just like you mentioned, like the O2).
                    **Now that these things are clear/sorted in my mind, I'll be posting further progress of the build as I complete tasks.
                    ***I'm going to have many other smaller hurdles to jump over as I begin using Nistune with the LM-1, but I'm sure that those questions will be easier for me to handle......or atleast I hope.
                    Dan
                    I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                    X