http://www.plxdevices.com/ecudatabase.htm

Awesome. Now where's the Z31 listed?
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

you noticed that did you? heh

no one ever remembers us.... the best selling z-car and it might as well have been a czech diesel tractor

Comment

I fail to see the humor in this.
        *I am scratching the skin off my skull at the moment bouncing between two FSMs.
        87 and 88 trying verify that it is a plug and play ordeal with what I'm doing.
        *So far it looks to be the same.
        ^^Anyone care to validate/double check.
        -Chassis is an original '87 turbo federal, 5spd...ecu going in is an '88 n/a federal auto.
        **People have spoken about the need to repin the efi harness in certian circumstances....Everything looks the same.
        (besides the obvious that I am doing, adding resistors for the new injectors, going to pre-recall injector wiring, wiring in the n/a idle control plug for the n/a idle control, not using a det. sensor, that's it, as far as I can see)
        8)
        I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: I fail to see the humor in this.
          *I am scratching the skin off my skull at the moment bouncing between two FSMs.
          87 and 88 trying verify that it is a plug and play ordeal with what I'm doing.
          *So far it looks to be the same.
          ^^Anyone care to validate/double check.
          -Chassis is an original '87 turbo federal, 5spd...ecu going in is an '88 n/a federal auto.
          **People have spoken about the need to repin the efi harness in certian circumstances....Everything looks the same.
          (besides the obvious that I am doing, adding resistors for the new injectors, going to pre-recall injector wiring, wiring in the n/a idle control plug for the n/a idle control, not using a det. sensor, that's it, as far as I can see)
          8)
          Let me know how that works out, I recently did a swap to turbo on my 88na and I still need to figure out how to wire in the o2 sensor and detonation sensor...
          Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
          I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
          Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Yeah, the FSM makes my head hurt.
            If they would have used two more pieces of paper when making the diagram it would make life alot easier.
            Overlaying both Vg30E and VG30ET diagrams on one paper makes a mess.
            I am here to help...

Comment

I used an 88 Turbo ECU
              Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
              I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
              Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

mine was easy to slap in.

84Na to a 88NA ecu. just add resistors.

i can really feel a difference in power. :wink:

Comment

Pass on the det sensor....waste of effort(trust me)
                  As far as the O2 goes...thats simple.
                  Wire the three wires from the O2 sensor pigtail as follows:
                  Red O2 wire to Green/White wire in engine bay O2 harness
                  White O2 wire to any decent chassis ground
                  Black O2 wire to black wire in engine bay O2 harness

**I can handle these simple things, I don't know why I am getting stuck....possibly because I keep repeating over and over in my head that there people saying that pins need to be swapped?
                  I am here to help...

Comment

hey thanks for the answers dan....

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: Yeah, the FSM makes my head hurt.
                      If they would have used two more pieces of paper when making the diagram it would make life alot easier.
                      I am willing to pay for an "EZ-Button".
                      Someone help me out and look at this as if it were thier own issue...what pins would you switch?
                      Got extra brain space?..help me figure this out and get PayPal'd.
                      Dan
                      I am here to help...

Comment

[quote]Dan-TSS wrote:
                        Originally posted by Dan-TSS:dc302
                        Yeah, the FSM makes my head hurt.
                        I am willing to pay for an "EZ-Button".
                        Someone help me out and look at this as if it were thier own issue...what pins would you switch?
                        Got extra brain space?..help me figure this out and get PayPal'd.
                        Dan[/quote:dc302]

I'm lost as to what you're needing help with. You're adding resistors for the inectors, I'm assuming you're using the romulator to edit the ECU, what else is there at hand?

FWIW, I've been running an 88T ECU on my 87 NA chassis with a 9:1 88T motor with no issues. I opted not to use the det sensor either.
                        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

The issue is this:
                          I have an '87t that is under going multiples of modifications/upgrades all at once.
                          *If there is an issue with any electrical, it is going to be a nightmare to figure out.(it has my concern)
                          ~It has been said that there are some wiring differences in the EFI harnesses for the swap I am doing with the ecus.
                          The Nistune Ecu I am going to be using is a Federal '88 n/a auto.
                          I do not see any wiring that is different in the FSM between the 1987 and 1988 years over on the ECU side.
                          **Where I see the differences are in the EFI harness. There is obviously differences between n/a and turbo, but there is differences between the years as well. It is boggling my mind everytime I look at it.
                          ^^^I was hoping to have a little relief and verification of what I'm seeing I need to do by having someone post thier findings of what they believe would need swapping in the harness....
                          Someone work with me please.
                          I am here to help...

Comment

My findings thus far:
                            *I need to know if I am looking at this right! Look like I need to move 3 pins/wires? I know there is no need to be concerned with stuff that is listed, but doesn't apply(120, 80, and 29).....

87t efi harness:

63 XX
                            09 XX
                            65 XX
                            70 20
                            XX
                            XX
                            108 29
                            34 07
                            05 03

88n/a efi harness:
                            63 29
                            09 20
                            XX 07
                            70 XX
                            XX
                            XX
                            108 XX
                            34 05
                            22 03
                            I am here to help...

Comment

I don't know how much this helps you but: when i converted my 87 N/A i converted my ECU by doing the following:

Unplugging the N/A ECU
                              Using turbo injectors from an 88T car
                              Plugging in the Turbo ECU from an 84T car
                              Start the car and drive it away.

I made absolutely no wiring harness modifications of any kind, and for the record my harness is post injector service campain. The car gets good gas mileage, idles flawlessly, doesn't detonate under boost.
                              Funny stories!

Comment

Working...
                              X