Fuel delivery / rails / pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: maybe stupid

CanadianZ wrote: when you run two walbros in parallel you would run two lseparate ines straight to FPR?
    Only if you need that kind of flow... I've seen data showing a 5/16 fuel line can flow over 4000cc/min or over 600whp worth of fuel. The problem is the rails and barbs, where the ID of the end of the hard line is smaller.

upgraded lines will be -6AN which are about 3/8"

Comment

MikeZ wrote: Satan, how tight is the fit with both walbros in the tank? Does the fuel come out of the tank using the stock ports and then you connect the Y block, or is it strictly on the Y block?
      sorry just remebered I posted this.

it is too tight. You have to cut part of the baffle(while leaving it in the tank :shock and then mount your two pumps pretty much right next to each other. This isnt always a good Idea tho. youare supposed to have two pumps int eh same tank at least 6-8 inches apart from each other. I guess I'll just have to make sure I run at least a half tank all the time :roll:

Here is a pic of my setup. the electrical tape was just there to see if everything was working correctly at the time.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

That Y-block is probably killing at least 20% of your flow. Duel pumps should be run with completlely seperate lines. One line to one rail, then after the injectors hook up the y-block then the regulator.
        KILL HADJI

Comment

Thanks for the pic.

Comment

can't you install one pump higher than the other and run an extension hose/tube to the bottom for pickup without cutting anything

Comment

G-E wrote: can't you install one pump higher than the other and run an extension hose/tube to the bottom for pickup without cutting anything
              That sounds like an inline pump.

Comment

Alex86na2t wrote: That Y-block is probably killing at least 20% of your flow. Duel pumps should be run with completlely seperate lines. One line to one rail, then after the injectors hook up the y-block then the regulator.
                You still increase flow potiential substantially. The single line he's running them both into can move more fuel than he's going to need... so I don't see an issue there.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                  Originally posted by Alex86na2t
                  That Y-block is probably killing at least 20% of your flow. Duel pumps should be run with completlely seperate lines. One line to one rail, then after the injectors hook up the y-block then the regulator.
                  You still increase flow potiential substantially. The single line he's running them both into can move more fuel than he's going to need... so I don't see an issue there.
                  well if I wanted to go all out then I would have placed the pumps at opposite ends of the tank and ran one -8 line from each one(each pump would have its own -8 line) all the way to the fuel rails then out of the fuel rails and then each side could come together at the FPR with a -8 return. The fpr has two inlets so I wouldnt need a Y block at all. but like jason said, this will be fine, I promise.

Comment

[quote]MikeZ wrote:
                    Originally posted by G-E
                    can't you install one pump higher than the other and run an extension hose/tube to the bottom for pickup without cutting anything
                    That sounds like an inline pump.
                    I dont think he means feeding one from another. I think he means stagering them so there is more room and just running the pickup of the higher one down next to the pick up of the lower one.

Comment

Working...
                    X