Fuel delivery / rails / pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel delivery / rails / pumps

First off; Jason, are you still using just one in tank walbro with the constant voltage mod that DrewZee posted? Are you also using the factory fuel rails?

Is anyone making high flowing fuel rails? I know that afterdarkz is in the process of producing them and Mario88ss has recieved a set. I haven't heard anything in months on these though. Engloid on z31.com offered to make some, but we need about 10 people I think.

The reason I ask both questions is because I am putting my fuel system together and don't feel like taking anything apart to re-do later on. I am looking for 500+ whp. I have an external bosch pump that I may use after walbro, but wanted to see if anyone has different setups. Possibly with 2 in tank walbros.

lots of people are still using the stock fuel rails...
    but if you insist on on big hp and have the money, I recommend the Satanic method:
    http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/index ... 12&CID=808
    Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
    I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
    Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

most of the 6 cylinder porsches i work on have one pump near the fuel tank and one pump close to the engine .. might be a better idea to do it this way( instead of two back to back inline pumps) for some reason that i am incapable to explain since i am no whiz kid. :lol:

Comment

dual pumps would be running parallel not inline, two of the same pumps inline would serve no purpose
        1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

backup?
          It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Ok, so then it looks like using the inline bosch pump further up towards the engine bay would be beneficial to ensure high flow?

Comment

I am running a single walbro with no voltage mods. I tried them and noticed no difference in AFR's on my engine. I will be hooking a second walbro in parallel eventually.

The fuel rails I have no idea. I'll try calling him again. I have considered doing this for some time but wanted him to have a chance to do it. I think that chance is about up.... :wink: Just wait...

You would want to upgrade the lines from the tank to 3/8 or bigger anyway, so an A1000 is a nice logical choice for reliability sake :-)

Comment

Im not saying anything bad about afterdarkz, but everyone has waited a very long time and I think its enough. Someone else should make them by now.

Yes, I want to upgrade to 3/8 vs. the stock 5/16, but then I don't want to feed the 3/8 into the stock dinky rails (not to mention you would have to use a reducer at the rail :roll: ).

I think all will be good if I use the walbro plus this external bosch pump with a 3/8 line; top it off with some nice flowing rails.

Comment

Fuel rail stock is not that expensive.

36" for $50 some:
                  http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

And it is bigger than anyone here will EVER need. Run a pair of decent pumps with 3/8 line and you'll NEVER need more.
                  http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Oh, those fuel rails, i was thinking about the ones that run along the car. But i guess you would do both.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Oh, those fuel rails, i was thinking about the ones that run along the car. But i guess you would do both.
                      Lines, Rails, Hoses... all different things.

Comment

well, you will make ALL the lines, hoses, rails bigger won't you?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

maybe stupid

when you run two walbros in parallel you would run two lseparate ines straight to FPR?
                          Andrew

Comment

I run two walbros parallel into a NOS Y block and then 3/8 I.D. hard line to my bar stock 1/2"I.D. rails then to the regulator and back to the tank.

The fuel rails should see fuel before anything else does. well, execpt the pumps and the line to the filter and then the filter and then the line from the filter to the rails LOL
                            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Satan, how tight is the fit with both walbros in the tank? Does the fuel come out of the tank using the stock ports and then you connect the Y block, or is it strictly on the Y block?

Comment

Working...
                              X