JWT or Romulator for my new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWT or Romulator for my new car

this new car is suppose to be the reliable one, but i cant sit here and think that it will only have 230RWHP on the stock fuel system! I have a 88N/A ecu with the hardware mods and romulator installed inside the housing already. Im just thinking however of throwin in a JWT ecu to get it a tune right off the bat. I know the romulator can make much improvement over JWT but im only shooting for like 330-350RWHP on 15psi with a HY35 on this car. I already have the turbo. I was also thinkin of putting in my romulator and tuning it as best as i can on stock fuel system and turbo to see if i can pull a little more power out of it.....ideas? i really should just leave it alone right? lol

If you already have the Romulator then JWT isnt your only option. You can go with the Nistune without NVRam. OR:

Scratch JWT and Romulator and get a Nistune ECU with NVram. If I were you I would go with Nistune. Full data logging and programing capability for under $400. Simple decision in my opinion. Save the 88ECU for something else, or sell it and use the stock ECU for Nistune.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

roastin300 wrote: this new car is suppose to be the reliable one, but i cant sit here and think that it will only have 230RWHP on the stock fuel system! I have a 88N/A ecu with the hardware mods and romulator installed inside the housing already. Im just thinking however of throwin in a JWT ecu to get it a tune right off the bat. I know the romulator can make much improvement over JWT but im only shooting for like 330-350RWHP on 15psi with a HY35 on this car. I already have the turbo. I was also thinkin of putting in my romulator and tuning it as best as i can on stock fuel system and turbo to see if i can pull a little more power out of it.....ideas? i really should just leave it alone right? lol
      I have the same goal as you! 350whp with a HY35. I personally think I should wait for Nistune with NVRam, since 15psi is not really that much boost, so a good tune will be needed to achieve that. Without datalogging or a wide band capable tuning unit, a good tune will be even harder to achieve.

I know it's still going to be a few months before new Nistune is released, but from what's being promised, it will be worth it.

Keep me posted on what injector will you go for. And if you decide to go with romulator, keep me posted on your bin file!
      Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

romulator bitch.

my car has been running on jason's 60-1 tune for 420cc injectors for 3k miles and no problems...knock on wood.
        plus, you can probably aquire a wideband outta your other car or whatever and tune the shit out of it. If your romulator is already there, just load up a stock 85 tune and go from there. easy.

Ill give you a call next time im in town and show you what my setup if supposed to feel like.

Comment

Working...
        X