Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok ? on calibrating wide band for stand alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok ? on calibrating wide band for stand alone?

I have the AEM gauge/controller and all the jazz that comes with it.

The controller comes with a standard/default setting of 0volts=10:1 and 4volts= 18:1

I can change it to run opposite but only in a 1v range. example, .905v=10:1 and .070 =18.5:1 This is the only way that the TEC will read the information, lean =0v and rich =5v

do most standalones read this way? the 0-1v signal (just like an oem narrow band) 0v being lean and 1v being rich.

I can calibrate the TECII to read it how I want but only with 0v being rich and 5v being lean(it wont let me do the opposite). HOWEVER in the calibration table it gives me an option to use a full 5 volts which I dont understand if the TEC only read 0-1v anyways. The default calibration on the TEC also uses the full 5volts in the graph which I dont understand. Anybody got any ideas on this?

Or does this not make any sence to anyone?
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

doesn't it come with its own O2 sensor?

when i was looking at those the other day it said the complete kit was supposed to have the O2 sensor included.

here it says it comes with the sensor.

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=939

are you trying to hook this in with your computer?

heres another link

http://www.aempower.com/images/products/10-4101.pdf

Comment

Yeah it comes with everything. but you can switch how the controller sends the anolog signal to whatever it is sending it to. For example. I can do datalogging with just a laptop alone and no engine management sofware of any kind by using the hyperterminal that comes on damn near every single pc/laptop. By doing this I leave it set to put out a full 5volt signal to the computer.

If I want to run it to my TECII tho I think I have to switch the controller to put out a 0-1v signal which it WILL do(I just turn a little dial on the back of the gauge). But that right there is my question.

Comment

Nevermind, I have my answer now.

Comment

so whats the answer incase someon else would like to do the same thing?

Comment

Well they dont want to do the same thing if it involves a wideband and a TEC2. the TEC2 will support a narrow band but not a wide band. When the TEC2 came out wideband was still fairly new technol. SO they did not incorporate that. Ont the TEC3 however, it can use a wideband.

I can calibrate the EUGO to send a 0-1 volt signal to the TEC so Its not entirely useless. and I can datalog straight to a laptop with the EUGO so that helps too. I would just be nice if I had the latest greatest shit from electromotive is all.

Comment

Any software come with that bad boy W/B?
              Any ability to log other parameters other than just AFR so the numbers/reading have more meaning other than a timescale and AFR reading?
              *TecIII and/or LM-1!
              I vote LM-1.
              Keep TecII and upgrade to a more useful W/B unit with said features...
              8)
              I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: Any software come with that bad boy W/B?
                Any ability to log other parameters other than just AFR so the numbers/reading have more meaning other than a timescale and AFR reading?
                *TecIII and/or LM-1!
                I vote LM-1.
                Keep TecII and upgrade to a more useful W/B unit with said features...
                8)
                Well, I can log every sensor that is hooked up to the TEC if I run the datalog program from the TEC. OR I can just datalog wideband onto the laptop completely bypassing the TEC using the Hyperterminal on any laptop.

With the LM-1 dont you still have to have an actual datalogger in order to log the info of your TPS RPM AFR ect.? If that is the case I could do the same thing with the UEGO I just need the datalogger itsself. I send the 0-5volt signal to the datalogger. I could do that at the same time as a sending a signal to the TEC. UEGO has one output for an ECU and another for a datalogger/laptop.

Comment

most w/b units offer an analog output so that only one sensor can be used for dual purposes...as you stated, ecu operation and datalogging at the same time(from the same source).
                  The LM-1 has the ability to do both functions at the same time.
                  Are you saying that the Uego has to have a choice, one or the other...or it can do both at the same time.(you speak of a switch?)

Anyways, yes the lm-1 will allow 5 analog inputs to be connected to it.(0-5volts) All in one unit, it datalogs, displays, and outputs simulated/converted n/b signals.

8)
                  I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: most w/b units offer an analog output so that only one sensor can be used for dual purposes...as you stated, ecu operation and datalogging at the same time(from the same source).
                    The LM-1 has the ability to do both functions at the same time.
                    Are you saying that the Uego has to have a choice, one or the other...or it can do both at the same time.(you speak of a switch?)

Anyways, yes the lm-1 will allow 5 analog inputs to be connected to it.(0-5volts) All in one unit, it datalogs, displays, and outputs simulated/converted n/b signals.

8)
                    I see, so the lm-1 is a controller/datalogger all in one? or do you have to buy the datalogger seperate from the controller?

The UEGO has two outputs coming off of it. a white wire wich is the 0-5volt EGO output and a blue wire wich is the wire to run to serial cable for a laptop. I do belive it sends a signal to both at the same time. However my laptop only has one serial input so I can either talk to the tec or the uego. OR I could just grab my other laptop and just have a cluster of laptops in the car for datalogging lol.

Comment

lmao...There's a point to these reponses you know..

Yes, the LM-1 is a datalogger/ w/b / all of the above in 1 package.
                      If the display isn't pleasing..(datalogger/display is like 3.5"W x 7"L and mounts with a suction cup to the windsheild)..There is always the LM-7, which carrys the features, but displays in a common but unique round gauge for the diplay/functions.

In order to download the recorded data after your run, a serial cable is connected to the laptop and the information is viewed/downloaded using the "Logworks" software...which is awesome and comes with the purchase of the equipment.

Just by reading what you have described about your set-up thus far tells me what you are using is in-adequate for easy/accurate tuning.

You would want to have atleast two things being datalogged(AFR,RPM) seperately from the TECII so you can look at the w/b log info and compare it to what the TECII recorded for that session..
                      Knowing just the datalogged AFR along a timeline...is hardly useful and makes things a real BITCH.

The LM-1 allows easy tuning with the ability to do what you need all in one unit, so when you compare the datalog from the LM-1 with whatever else you have hooked into it(RPM, MAP, TPS..whatever)...you can look at that similiar/same info recorded by the laptop wqith the TECII and see at the exact same moment between the datalogs what was going on. Doing this with what you have no is alot more difficult and it is obvious that you need it to be convenient and simple...like I do.
                      :roll:
                      I am here to help...

Comment

if you're running a laptop, why go with the lm-1 over the lc-1?
                        Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
                        I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
                        Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Oh jeez!

The answer to that is simple, the LC-1 would give him the same headache he has right now. The TECII doesn't support w/b's. He is needing to datalog two things at one time.
                          TECII via laptop.
                          W/b seperate.
                          THE LC-1 is designed for use with Engine Management Systems that have w/b support. It can be datalogged onit's own, however...he states that he only has one serial port to work with.
                          AND...
                          Based on his luck/knowledge with Pc's(much like my own)..
                          He would be best off if he had a seperate "button" to push for datalogging the W/b info and additional parameters and then reach over and click "Enter" on the laptop to begin datalogging the TECII info that is happening.
                          After all is done, Download the data from the LM-1 and on the laptop have two screens open...one for TECII and one for The logworks(LM-1).
                          Look at information between the two seperate logs that is corrulating(sp?) and understand exactly what is happening and when....ACCURATELY.
                          8)
                          I am here to help...

Comment

[
                            Just by reading what you have described about your set-up thus far tells me what you are using is in-adequate for easy/accurate tuning.

You would want to have atleast two things being datalogged(AFR,RPM) seperately from the TECII so you can look at the w/b log info and compare it to what the TECII recorded for that session..
                            Knowing just the datalogged AFR along a timeline...is hardly useful and makes things a real BITCH.

I agree with that. the only thing having afr over a timeline would do for me is basicaly let me know what the leanest afr was or the richest but no point of reference for them(unless I'm counting in my head :shock: ) So you just tap into the harness for the ecu and "barrow" the signal and put it into the lm-1 also. I would use all six inputs tho not just rpm and afr. AFR, RPM, MAP, MAT, TPS... ok maybe just 5.

HMMM and typically an LM-1 goes for about 350 right? thats what I found on ebay.

Damn I just got this thing too.

Comment

It's called "live and Learn".

It's for all of these reason and then some, why Stinky, Bernard, Jason, jjewel, and myself(along with many others) use the LM-1.

You'll thank me when you go to use it.

I would have recomended it sooner, but I recently got up to speed with what you are having troubles with and your pc abilities. I'm just like you when it comes to this stuff... I have two cars under my belt for tuning, but those wouldn't have been possible to the extent I "Street-Tuned" them if I didn't have the features of the LM-1.

I wouldn't feel bad...re-group your monies. Sell off the w/b you have now and re-invest. The UEGO is a great unit if the appliccation suits it... Yours doesn't.
                              8)
                              Dan
                              I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                              X