Injector Set ID ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Set ID ?

I know this topic has been beat to death, so please bear with me, I searched and found a lot of information, but not a complete answer. I picked up what I thought was a good deal on a set of "New OEM 88-89 Turbo, Shiro" injectors with rails and all on e-bay a couple of months ago.

Now that I am ready to install, they aren't exactly what they are supposed to be. They are low impedence (2.6 on all I checked), dual feed. The part number on the side is A46-000001, which all the resources I find seem to indicate is a Z31 turbo injector and the correct flow of ~250cc. The plastic is a translucent color, with 2181 a Nissan emblem 6X and 23 molded in. I assumed an 86-87 turbo injector, until I looked at the plug. Current injectors, current and replacement harness (replacement harness listed for all Z31-Z32) have offset center clips on the plug. These new ones have a centered clip.

Anyone know what these are really for ?

I think I can use them with resistors and trimming the center clip, but it is a pain to buy what you think is drop in, then have to start hacking.

Thanks,

Jason

More than likely they are just post recall 180cc low impedance.

I do not know of any way to tell turbo injectors by looking. There are some paint dots that are present but they could be easily faked.

88+ 180cc injectors are high impedance also.
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

A picture would help. Also nissan injectors flow rate are done by color codes. Burgundy is the 260cc and a peachy color is the 180cc.
      KILL HADJI

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &rd=1&rd=1

are these turbo?
        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

87+ are all side feed, but the 87 are low-imp unlike 88-89

Comment

The ones in the auction above are the same color as mine., but anyone know anything about the plug being different ?

Thanks for all the input,

Jason

Comment

Alex86na2t wrote: A picture would help. Also nissan injectors flow rate are done by color codes. Burgundy is the 260cc and a peachy color is the 180cc.
              Hmm searching does wonders for finding info. So if what you say is true, then this picture should shed some light on why my newly acquired beater wont run for shit. Cylinders #2 and #4 have peach colored injectors and all others are burgundy. 84na with post recall wiring. I haven't found a reference to identifying post recall injectors by color though.

*edit* I pulled em off and got the numbers. Burgundy is 8146-3143D and the Peach is 2548-4Z12D. Fiche does not list these numbers. So I'm having a hard time verifying them being different. Graduated cylinder it is I guess.

http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

G-E wrote: 87+ are all side feed, but the 87 are low-imp unlike 88-89
                Is there documentation of this?
                1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

In my experience the turbo injector connectors are the brown color like the one on the left and the NA injectors are the pink/tan color like the ones on the right. Not only is every set I have seen like this, but flow testing confirmed this on a set someone sent me as turbo injectors... tan connectors and full open flow under 200cc = NA injectors.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's all I've ever seen. Injectors always have color designations for easy differentiation.
                    Attached Files
                    1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                    2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

injectors

i don't know if this will help you much.....

they look the same as my 87t injectors!!! mine are also low imp.
                      the 87t has duel feed and are yellow caps...but my 88na are duel feed and are yellow also but high imp...and the 84na fuel rail top feed injectors are burgundy low imp...

but I also live in Canada and all three sets of injectors are from Canada

hope this helps some!!!!

DMANN
                      88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
                      87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

Working...
                      X