Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these injectors usable?

pulled from 87T and learning as I go.

The plastic cover/cap on the end of the injector is broken or missing on most of the injectors. Can these be used as is or should they be rebuilt/replaced? Budget is my number one concern so I don't want to spend the money unless it's a necessity or safety issue.

My camera has a hard time focusing at something so close so these are the best pics I could get.

Another thing that looks odd. In the first pic it's pretty fuzzy but there is black crap bunched up where the injector sealed to the intake manifold, it looks like a piece of a plastic bag. Is this old sealant or something else?

Thanks for the help.

I wrap my paper weights in glitter.

Broken pintle caps... rusty... If you're going to even consider using them I would have them serviced (if you can find a place to do it, most won't even touch dual-feed injectors).

Not sure on the sealant, maybe someone didn't want to replace a lower seal and instead just gooped RTV over it?

FYI: take pictures of small things with them on a table or whatnot... pull the camera back about 4 feet and zoom in to get it to focus correctly.

Comment

don't use those injectors without having them serviced whatever you do. the pintle caps are what make the spray pattern on the car and you'll go from having a nice mist of fuel to a stream.... aka bad.
      Funny stories!

Comment

homestar wrote: don't use those injectors without having them serviced whatever you do. the pintle caps are what make the spray pattern on the car and you'll go from having a nice mist of fuel to a stream.... aka bad.
        in a batch fire system spray pattern isn't important.... but broken pintles can affect flow rate which is critical, and the corrosion would suggest they may have more problems than that
        Attached Files

Comment

G-E wrote: in a batch fire system spray pattern isn't important.... but broken pintles can affect flow rate which is critical, and the corrosion would suggest they may have more problems than that
          Actually, it is to a point... at higher RPM.

Corrosion on the outside, the metering orifice is covered so it would not have been exposed. The question is uaully damage to the pintle itself if it has been exposed without a cap and bumped on anything.

Comment

the injectors were removed from my 87T a day ago so they have not been damaged while tossed around in storage if that's what you were referring to.

Corrosion is just on the external part.

These are the three damaged injectors. The other three are fine. What function do the plastic caps serve?

I wrap my paper weights in glitter.

Comment

God, those are the worst pictures...

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Benedict wrote: the injectors were removed from my 87T a day ago so they have not been damaged while tossed around in storage if that's what you were referring to.
                Wow, I would be afraid to use these myself., but if funds are really tight and they were working, new o-rings and pintle caps should be relatively cheap.

Could you possibly do a huge favor for me and get a picture of the injector connector head on ? I'm mainly interested in the tab that is on the bottom of the connector. On your injectors, is it centered, or offset ?

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

I have that injecter servicing service on my website if you are interested.

Comment

*NOTE TO SELF*: Buy a macro lens for camera.
                    vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                    2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I HAVE THREE brand new in Nissan box's 87 turbo fuel injectors....never installed/used....PM a fair offer.thx,mike.

Comment

Working...
                      X