haltech install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haltech install

k i'm going with the haltech e6x and was wondering if anyone has done before if not when i'm done i'll do a write-up and take pics for it...

I've never seen a writeup for a standalone install into a Z.

Of course it should be pretty straight forward as far wiring and all.. Just a pain to get in everywhere to do it.
    The part that would help the most would be base settings and such for everything.
    Maybe a have a Base tune for people to use like the Bin's for the Romulator.

Comment

that would be great but i might need the wiring for the trigger from the distributor and the settings for the teeth in it

Comment

I hate to reference this, but it is what fist came to mind....
        Check member profiles on Z31.com.
        Search out member Peyman88t.
        E-mail him.
        *Last I knew, he was using Haltech and last I saw him in person he was running a jdm Vg engine in his z31. I know that died....(seems to be a trend with people and stand-alone engine management). He replaced it with a custom VG33 turbo charged, but was trying to sell it....last I knew.
        This info is atleast 10 months old.....
        E-mail him, maybe he has a base tune to work off from.
        :roll:
        I am here to help...

Comment

well emailed him got a reply he sold the car and the laptop so... no luck there now what?????
          guess i'll figure something out

Comment

With a FSM you should have all you need to know.

Reading through haltech manuals and seeing installations in person leads me to believe they are about as simple as they can make it and still work for almost every engine under the sun.

Comment

You should do the write up AS you are doing the instal that way you can take pics of certain problem you come across and how to solve them.

Just so you know, when I installed my trigger wheel on my balancer I took it to a machine shop then put it in the back just incase I throw a belt or somthing I dont blow a 100 dollar mag sensor.
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Yeah people usually at the stage of installing a standalone. Either pay someone to install and tune it or pretty confident on installing itself so it would be cool if u can create a write up.I know ill be going haltech later down the road.
                1986 Current build
                HX35/40 60mm wheel,480cc injectors,nistune, spearco 2-221,6 puck,walbro fp,solid cross and diff,jason motor mounts,poly everywhere else.

Comment

if i had the money i would do one. its something i have always wanted to do. i used to have a good job and could have afforded it, now i'm poor going to college, maybe after i graduate in 1.5 years i'll do it.

having converted my toyota truck to a supra motor i have experience. and that was swapping factory to factory. the wiring was a freaking mess. i decided to ditch all the factory fuse block and relays and make my own setup with bosch relays and run power to the injectors and coil. it was a pain. but its still running without any problems.

Comment

well when i do it i will definately do i write-up for every one thanks for the help though

Comment

mag triggers? do standalone solutions not have provisions for wiring to the stock optical pickup in the dizzy?

I have a major preference for digital position sensors instead of an AC analog signal like a magnetic crank trigger

Comment

no they have the wiring for the dizzy just wanted to see if anybody else had anything

Comment

Andrevas wrote: mag triggers? do standalone solutions not have provisions for wiring to the stock optical pickup in the dizzy?

I have a major preference for digital position sensors instead of an AC analog signal like a magnetic crank trigger

Not all
                          systems can use the signal our optical trigger CAS outputs, and so they are relegated to using a hall effect sensor. SDS is one example of a system that can't use our CAS signal, while almost all of the newer haltech units can (E11V2 would be my pick).

Comment

Working...
                          X