No announcement yet.

Upper intake plenum spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoworkZ wrote: let me know if you want some dyno graphs to help your sales
    I suppose I could donate one of my Z's with the Pathfinder plenum for the dyno and temperature difference proofs too :wink:
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

mark86t wrote: Jason makes quality stuff.
      Absolutely. I will swear by every thing I have ever bought from him and in my mind Jason is above reproach when it comes to character and integrity.

Quality, Honesty, Character, Integrity.

In my mind that describes this board and all my interactions with Jason.
      Just stand back and throw money.
      Performance costs money.
      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
        Originally posted by mark86t
        Jason makes quality stuff.
        Absolutely. I will swear by every thing I have ever bought from him and in my mind Jason is above reproach when it comes to character and integrity.

Quality, Honesty, Character, Integrity.

In my mind that describes this board and all my interactions with Jason.
        I hear that!
        vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
        2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Though I have faith in Jason's products, i'll wait for the dyno data.... :lol:
          " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
          LaterZ

Comment

he`s scary looking though...

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
            good thing....

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: Though I have faith in Jason's products, i'll wait for the dyno data.... :lol:
              What he said. I really, really wanna c some results. If the data is good I'm in for 1, maybe 3.
              Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

i`m sure jason has the spacer on the way to us already. we`ll get it on the dyno asap

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
                good thing....

Comment

Waz up.
                  Do we have any dyno # with the spacers on sow I could send my money to Jason.
                  1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

[quote]VG36ET wrote:
                    Originally posted by RedBeauty84ZX
                    Though I have faith in Jason's products, i'll wait for the dyno data.... :lol:
                    What he said. I really, really wanna c some results. If the data is good I'm in for 1, maybe 3.
                    I have access to a thermal imager, so I would be able to do before/after images. If anyone in the Colorado area is buying this, PM me.

I do not want to discourage sales of anyone's products, but I wonder if just having a thick non-conductive gasket between the 'plenum' (intake manifold collector) and lower manifold (intake manifold), that has a good coating of RTV on both sides, would make a sufficient thermal barrier?

Leaving off the TB lines, and the air regulator heater lines, combined with this thermal barrier between intake manifold (part FI sits in) and the intake manifold collector (part TB bolts on) should reduce the intake charge temp.

As it is now, there is just a metal gasket between these pieces? Do most people use RTV on this metal piece when doing engine work?
                    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

hrmm, what about electrical grounding? I suppose that the bolts and various other things that are touching will probably still provide enought.
                      vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                      2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

there is still grounding because the bolts that hold the lower to the upper are touching metal...

i was concerned for one second :lol:

grahfz wrote: hrmm, what about electrical grounding? I suppose that the bolts and various other things that are touching will probably still provide enought.

Comment

Do these come with the needed longer bolts?
                          imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: Do these come with the needed longer bolts?
                            Yes it does.
                            This machined phoenolic-type intake plenum spacer provides a barrier for heat from the lower intake manifold to enter the upper intake plenum. Heat transmitted into the upper intake from the lower intake heats the intake air and reduces the engine's power potential.
                            -Preliminary tests using a calibrated k-type thermocouple before and after the kit installation showed a decrease in plenum temperature of 83 degrees F (from 171 to 88 degrees average). The temperature was measured on the rear drivers side of the upper intake plenum.
                            -The 3/8" thickness also increases the intake runner length by the same 3/8" (.375"). The spacer also removes the requirement for a gasket between the plenum and lower manifold, and they are fairly easy to install. Complete kit* includes coolant bypass hose, t-fitting, clamps, new high grade mounting hardware (not pictured), sensor safe RTV silicone gasket maker, sandpaper, and special epoxy for installation. As always, all kits include an instruction packet.
                            *Kit components may be subject to change before release

http://www.redz31.com/parts/parts.html
                            378whp 445wtq
                            http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Dohh! ops:
                              imagination is a virtue

Comment

It happens to all of us at some time, doesn't it? Well it does to me anyway.
                                378whp 445wtq
                                http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Working...
                                X