Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]crowbar wrote: [quote=VG36ET]
    Originally posted by RedBeauty84ZX
    Though I have faith in Jason's products, i'll wait for the dyno data.... :lol:
    What he said. I really, really wanna c some results. If the data is good I'm in for 1, maybe 3.
    I have access to a thermal imager, so I would be able to do before/after images. If anyone in the Colorado area is buying this, PM me.

I do not want to discourage sales of anyone's products, but I wonder if just having a thick non-conductive gasket between the 'plenum' (intake manifold collector) and lower manifold (intake manifold), that has a good coating of RTV on both sides, would make a sufficient thermal barrier?

Leaving off the TB lines, and the air regulator heater lines, combined with this thermal barrier between intake manifold (part FI sits in) and the intake manifold collector (part TB bolts on) should reduce the intake charge temp.

As it is now, there is just a metal gasket between these pieces? Do most people use RTV on this metal piece when doing engine work?
    Thats funny, I live in Colorado and one of my best friends sells fire fighter equipment so I too have access to a thermal imager. :lol:

This isnt related to cars but is related to the topic.
    On Store front window systems (7-11 type windows) They offer what is called a thermal break system. In this system two pieces are extruded seperately and then bonded together using an epoxy type resin to make the frame material. This resin also acts as the thermal barrier. It does actualy make a very large difference on window frames. On the outside it will be iced up and on the inside it will still be cold but nowhere near as cold as the outside.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

What are you thinking man?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: What are you thinking man?
        if he's thinking what im thinking , he's going to patent thermal ice cream gloves!

like this but better !!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48TR0vUPQCs[/video]]

Comment

http://www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/fc_papers.htm

anyone got any papers?
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

You make a gasket out of that stuff. Drive out here to Wisconsin, and I will give you free dyno time and the money you spent in gas driving out here, if you make that work.

I bet you won't, because i bet i know someone who has already tried :twisted:
            ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

I am just gonna use some ply :| wood.....

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: I am just gonna use some ply :| wood.....
                I would extend the same offer to you to come to wisconsin for some free dyno time, but i know you can do it when you get into street legal performance.

As a matter of a fact, try it in street legal performance, and post the results here for all of us to see.

And im not being a douchebag with this post. It is sarcasm.
                ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

[quote]GotFast? wrote:
                  Originally posted by MrwassmanNA2T
                  I am just gonna use some ply :| wood.....
                  I would extend the same offer to you to come to wisconsin for some free dyno time, but i know you can do it when you get into street legal performance.

As a matter of a fact, try it in street legal performance, and post the results here for all of us to see.

And im not being a douchebag with this post. It is sarcasm.
                  from what I have been told the Rancho campus no longer dyno's student cars because some assholes decided to fuck around on it, making everybody lose out

Comment

I betchu come outs to Wisconzun and my IQ makes a bigger numbah on the cheez dyno. And I am a genyuz.
                    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Those heat barrier papers actually look pretty cool, anybody used them before?

I think the spacer gives the added benefit of longer runners, and looks like it would hold together a bit better over time.
                      It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: Those heat barrier papers actually look pretty cool, anybody used them before?

I think the spacer gives the added benefit of longer runners, and looks like it would hold together a bit better over time.
                        The chhezzjeanyusz knew a guy, that once knew a guy , that had an Uncle who once dynoed a car of a guy that used those ceramic paper devices.

With a slice of 'Zconzin cheese in between the papers.
                        Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Are you saying the cheese would help increase the thermal barrier of the paper, or decrease it?

//my attempt at witty non-offensive banter.
                          It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

I would say that anyone that proclaims himself a genius must eat cheese.

In a realistic vein, especially for those running NA cars, the need for a heat barrier is not anally critical.

I would want to do some simple heat barrier between the lower plenum, delete the TB hoses and use my air regulator mod.
                            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

crowbar wrote: I betchu come outs to Wisconzun and my IQ makes a bigger numbah on the cheez dyno. And I am a genyuz.
                              start a dam thread somewhere else for this kind of useless internet talk,there are specified topics for a good reason.Jason does a great job keeping this site/forum clean and informative so why not keep the technical discussions that way as well ?
                              85 Turbo Slick Top
                              __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

Because when the discussion becomes technical, people can not hack it.
                                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Working...
                                X