No announcement yet.

Homemade gutted plenum progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice sequence of pictures. I think this has been missing from all the talk of this process. It's easy to say how to do it, but I dont think most people really get what is involved. So are you doing any other modifications to that plenum?

FYI I inserted the images for people like me that are too lazy to click all the links. No offense intended.

((Pics too big, please click links above for now))
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Not that i know of as far as more. Jason states that it is fairly pointless to put a bigger throttle body on, so that is ixnayed. Any ideas? You thing little velocity stacks would be cool? :mrgreen:

And i wasn't sure if a crap load of hug pics would clog up the site or something.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I'll probably resize those and change the links for you later, if I get time.

Are you done gutting it yet? If not, be very careful when you get near the bottom. There are usually casting flaws around the sides of the ports that will break through easily if you are not careful.

Be sure to put a nice radius on the ports, that will make all the difference for low end. If you see my dyno graph comparison you will notice that the engine is already making 10+hp over stock even before it sees boost at 2K RPM. This, I can promise you, has a lot to do with the radius you put on those runner entries.

I did not compare the throttle body on the modified plenum; didn't have time or money to spend to do another set of pulls. I just established it was useless on the stock plenum, but who knows it might make some gains on a modified one if the entire elbow is ported out well.

Comment

There are some spots that i would get too were the bit would just lose contact. (hollow spot) scary. Not finished gutting, i ran into a little trouble with the law, so i slowed a little.

Comment

Trouble with the law? did you sneak into a machine shop just to gut your plenum? :lol:

Comment

haha,went into a private parking lot and was trying to get the transmission out of a supra that had been there for 10+ years. didn't know it was private, didn't know the guy wanted his car that will probably never run again

Comment

hahaha, you tried to jack a tranny out of a parked car on private property? Thats great! So what happened then? what did you get charged with and what are your penalties?

Comment

seriously, this guy needs to be demoted back to zcar ;0

Comment

WaZZ300 wrote: haha,went into a private parking lot and was trying to get the transmission out of a supra that had been there for 10+ years. didn't know it was private, didn't know the guy wanted his car that will probably never run again
                    That is the wildest/dumbest/craziest thing I have heard in a long time.

Comment

I was actually just with a buddy. It was for his car. I was just holding the flash light. Got charged with grand theft and trespassing. But i am a minor, so it should not roll over when i turn 18. Ends up i know the guys old boss really well and he is trying to help me.

Comment

Were you guys stoned or something?

Christ

But I quess I did dumb things when I was under 18 too
                        2005 whore magnet

Comment

What year supra? MKIII supras are a bitch to pull the tranny out of....you would have been there all day and night if you didn't know what you were doing. Its actually easier to pull the motor with the tranny.
                          Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                          1986 300zx Turbo
                          2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                          1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Neil86t wrote: What year supra? MKIII supras are a bitch to pull the tranny out of....you would have been there all day and night if you didn't know what you were doing. Its actually easier to pull the motor with the tranny.
                            Actually if you're going to steal the tranny it would be easier to take the car to a garage and then put the car back where it was. :lol:

Comment

not to mention if you had tried to find the owner in the building or even left a note on the car... you could probably have bought the whole thing for $100

Comment

Working...
                              X