So motor is blown, windshield is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So motor is blown, windshield is broken

So today my misfires went away, i was stoked! I started pushin some boost again, like 12lbs. I go hang with my friend, its raining. I pop hood to show him what i have done. My windshield wipers are going, when i shut off my car they stop in the middle of my windsheild. I open the hood, and i dont have shocks for it so my hood goes all the way up. I went all the way up with the hood, pushed the windsheild wiper into the window and cracked the shit out of it. Then im cruisin home hittin only 11-12lbs of boost and it starts runnin like shit and buttloads of smoke comes into my interior and its runnin on straight up 4-5 cylinders. I believe i blew the motor again on only 12lbs, what the fuck. anyways im thinking about partin the car because i have the new "reliable Z" and gettin a little money back out of the money pit and investin in a new project. Probably will be a N/A VH45 240Z and then a remote turbo it shortly after. i dunno, advise? i have another VG on the side of my house but dam, when does it end. I only run like 18 degrees timing on 10lbs.

gay

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

dude that sucks sorry to hear that

Comment

My luck tells me VG's are piles of shit, but i have seen to much success, i have only hoped for it in my case, but never see it. Goodbye VG when it comes to power, stock tuning or go V8 for me i suppose.... i know its capable, but i get fucked in every attempt, i might as well tried to make this power out of a shitty piece of shit KA motor

Comment

don't let it get to you so much i didn't and i've gone through 3 motors so... don't feel to bad

Comment

roastin300 wrote: My luck tells me VG's are piles of shit, but i have seen to much success, i have only hoped for it in my case, but never see it. Goodbye VG when it comes to power, stock tuning or go V8 for me i suppose.... i know its capable, but i get fucked in every attempt, i might as well tried to make this power out of a shitty piece of shit KA motor
            Your luck, or lack there of more accurately, tells me that you cant drive or look after your car properly or both!
            :twisted:
            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Do you have a wideband? EGT? I bet you ran lean and killed it. Do you tune if for part throttle? I can't tell you have many cars I have seen die at "low" boost and low rpms cause it was never tuned for anything other than full throttle.
              Chuck Stong
              300+ Parts and Performance owner
              http://www.300-plus.com
              2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Firehawk wrote: Do you have a wideband? EGT? I bet you ran lean and killed it. Do you tune if for part throttle? I can't tell you have many cars I have seen die at "low" boost and low rpms cause it was never tuned for anything other than full throttle.
                I agree, somehow I doubt all the failures were mechanical in nature, perhaps you need to take it down to see stinky and ze boys and get a stock ecu dyno tuned there
                Attached Files

Comment

Weird, I don't seem to have these issues with almost double that amount of timing and boost. I've never had an outright failure anything like that, if that's what it was.

Comment

yes i have a LM1 wideband, and tune it for about 10.5:1 air fuels under full throttle, super rich and run very little timing in comparison to others. And its tuned half way decent for part throttle, i run closed loop with my SDS. for those tellin me about tuning and lack of driving who run stock tuning can tell me about tuning once you get a standalone and actually do it

Comment

Wow.... 10.5:1 is far too rich IMO.

I think you should be shooting for mid-high 11's and keeping the timing reasonable within those limits.

Not that that's in any way related to the failure... whatever you find it to be.

Comment

hey there,
                        sorry to hear about your engine failure/windshield mishap,

i read that you were interested in swapping a VH45DE into a 240z.
                        it involves a shitload of work, thats all i have to say,

the pics on my dads car domain page will speak for themselves.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/563982

best of luck to you

Comment

Working...
                        X