Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on exhaust manifold replacement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on exhaust manifold replacement...

I cracked my manifold. What do you guys think? Should I go custom badass re-loacte, or just get a junk yard one and be done with it? Does anyone have an extra one laying around?

if you have the resources to go custom i would do that!
    if your a cheap bastard with no cash like the rest of us, the junk yard is a great option!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

onefast87 wrote: if you have the resources to go custom i would do that!
      if your a cheap bastard with no cash like the rest of us, the junk yard is a great option!

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I was wondering. (Not to jack this thread) I've parked my z for winter so I can turbo it. I've got a holset hx35 on the way

Now, I'm not really looking to go past 300hp. Infact, 250 is my goal for now. Do you think using the stock manifolds is good enough for that power range. All I was going to do is use the turbo manifold, then reroute the turbo up where the ac compressor sat.

Comment

There's some people making twice that still with the stock manifolds...
          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

i thought i read somewhere that if ported properly the stock manifolds can support 700 hp!
            Attached Files
            http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

Oh ok, right on! Definitely makes life sweeter knowing I just have to make one s bent tube for my turbo :wink:

Comment

Did I hear sombody say custom manifold??????????????????? I Know how to make those! hint hint

Attached Files
                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Its funny.
                  Your manifold was the reason I started thinking about trying to make my own. I still might, but I think I may just end up using a stock turbo manifold and relocate the turbo up where the ac compressor used to be.
                  I'll have to see what happens.
                  Attached Files

Comment

chronic wrote: Its funny.
                    Your manifold was the reason I started thinking about trying to make my own. I still might, but I think I may just end up using a stock turbo manifold and relocate the turbo up where the ac compressor used to be.
                    I'll have to see what happens.
                    That solution is deffinatly way cheaper However you can tell just by looking at all of the bends and the what not in the hoohaaa that it doesnt flow as well. Either way. good luck man.

Comment

Um, aren't we discussing exhaust manifolds?
                      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

UH, yeah? thats what I thought we were talking about?

Comment

Yep :wink:

Comment

Hey SATAN how much do u charge :wink:

Comment

Working...
                            X