the ellis autoworkz intercooler answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300zxt wrote:
    The bottom line is that their's a huge market for Z31 parts and it just keeps getting bigger.
    Wow that's wrong lol Ask Dan at TSS just how huge the market is for Z31 parts, it's not huge at all.
    When starting a business, you want to be in a market with competition... bad competition. If nobody else is in the market, it means that there's no monies in it.

Look at how many z31's are on the boards/road. How many are beyond the stock turbo?

I tried putting lots of monies into my 86.. just kept on getting kicked in the sack everytime I turned around.

On the good side, Shromy called me earlier, we're now the proud owners of an 88SS. ;D

Taking all the good stuff off the 86 and crushing it. ;D
    vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
    2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I'd love to actually have an "affordable" intercooler kit for the Z31 when I do my NA2T conversion.
      " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
      LaterZ

Comment

It depends how realistic your expectations are of "affordable"
        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

$1374.99

That is not affordable.

That is for the 88-89 Z31, the 84-87 intercooler kit is still $1100. This is the only intercooler kit I know available for the Z31.

If a full intercooler kit were to become available under $900 then I would consider that "affordable."
          " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
          LaterZ

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote:
            $1374.99

That is not affordable.

That is for the 88-89 Z31, the 84-87 intercooler kit is still $1100. This is the only intercooler kit I know available for the Z31.

If a full intercooler kit were to become available under $900 then I would consider that "affordable."
            As I said, "bad competition".. they're the only real game left in town. If you can do it cheaper,better, then you've got a viable business opportunity.

If they can make it work around the stock fan (not a deal-breaker if it doesn't), and NOT go under the body, then I'm certainly up for a kit.
            vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
            2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

out of curiosity who makes that kit?
              Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
              I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
              Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Lance wrote: out of curiosity who makes that kit?
                HKS. Its on AMZ's website...
                LaterZ

Comment

yeah, but you know that kit is hella fucken clean

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: yeah, but you know that kit is hella fucken clean
                    I can substitute "clean" for an affordable quality one my self.
                    LaterZ

Comment

True

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

300zxt wrote:
                        The bottom line is that their's a huge market for Z31 parts and it just keeps getting bigger.
                        Wow that's wrong lol Ask Dan at TSS just how huge the market is for Z31 parts, it's not huge at all.
                        I can verify that. If everyone who called me and said they wanted such and such done, I would have more buisiness than I could handle right now. Z owners are typically very tight with their money, and only a few are willing to spend the money to pay someone else do their car right.
                        Chuck Stong
                        300+ Parts and Performance owner
                        http://www.300-plus.com
                        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote:
                          $1374.99

That is not affordable.

:idea: ****I will have a brand new less than a 1000 miles on it, HKS I/C kit that'll work for you('84-'86), up for sale for $850.00.
                          I need another week to finish off the car I'm working on right now.
                          I am here to help...

Comment

[quote]Firehawk wrote:
                            Originally posted by 300zxt
                            I can verify that. If everyone who called me and said they wanted such and such done, I would have more buisiness than I could handle right now. Z owners are typically very tight with their money, and only a few are willing to spend the money to pay someone else do their car right.
                            *I couldn't have said it better myself!
                            Hell, I'm having to go to work now fulltime for my old man because I can't just seem to make enough $$ to support doing what I have been fulltime.
                            I will be graduating to fulltime employed/ nights and weekends TSS at the 1st of the year. :roll:
                            **The only thing that'll change it back around is a larger line up of in house work. Labor is where the money is at. Parts is peanuts, even one off/custom parts at that. The amount of sales is smallish.
                            Dan
                            I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: Hell, I'm having to go to work now fulltime for my old man because I can't just seem to make enough $$ to support doing what I have been fulltime.
                              I will be graduating to fulltime employed/ nights and weekends TSS at the 1st of the year. :roll:
                              **The only thing that'll change it back around is a larger line up of in house work. Labor is where the money is at. Parts is peanuts, even one off/custom parts at that. The amount of sales is smallish.
                              Dan
                              True on the parts, and some still complain that they are too much, especially used ones. They forget to factor in the time it takes to aquire those parts plus the money in them. Dan, it is just you at your shop, or do have people working for you as well?
                              Chuck Stong
                              300+ Parts and Performance owner
                              http://www.300-plus.com
                              2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

The wife and I ran a retial shop for 7 years(I did most everything for work that Mary sold. I can't claim it all, as MAry did alot of installs too.)
                                We decided, due to the inability to find reliable, willing help...that we reached our potentail. We went a little over 4 yrs. and hadn't found anyone that could stay with us longer than 6 months. Due to the lack of being able to grow to the next level,We shut-down the retial and the wife went off to work a full time job with benefits selling cars for a dealer we did alot of work for.
                                Myself, I thinned our stock and discontinued the stereo's, remote starters, window tining...basically being open on regular basis to the public. It is impossible as 1 person to run and manage the retial store we had...the sales were there, but the help wasn't. I began to focus primarily on just Z31's and the online store. I vacated the building we were using for the retial and retreated to a small office that is a part of the 4 bay garage I work out of. With the work I currently have I am drowning...(I have 4 decent sized jobs right now lined up)...it's just what the past 8 months are showing.
                                "There will always be things that'll screw with the timeline!"
                                "All these things effect the profit margin"
                                *with the work that I have waiting for me to do...these guys are understanding and are not in a huge rush. If I go to working thier particular job/car nights and weekends....they are understanding to that.
                                **These past two jobs/cars have broken my wallet("project'88t" and "AJ'87T) and have forced me to look at my life differently.
                                I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                                X