The Long-Awaited (by me at least) NA build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Long-Awaited (by me at least) NA build thread

My engine is in one piece again!! Trans is even bolted up. Here's a list of some of the specs:
    Top to bottom.

Gutted 200sx intake- emissions removed, 60mm T/B
    Ported lower intake.
    Isky 280deg .485" cams. Morgan's (or knock-offs) cam gears set at 0* now
    Ported 85e heads, SS valves JWT springs.
    260cc injectors, 7300rpm rev limit. Stock NA tune at present.
    10.8:1 BRC pistons. Lightened to 380g (they were 395 and could be lightened another 20g or so but I dont have an end mill) All balanced to within 1g by machinist. OEM rings.
    Eagle rods 585g
    Entire rotating assy balanced
    Nissan OE graded bearings
    87 turbo A/T oil pump. ported. Radiused corners of entire oiling system.
    5qt gated oil pan and moded p/u
    Fidanza flywheel and Centerforce dual-friction clutch
    Hand-made, tig-welded equal-length, step-up headers. By Jeff at Teamthump $$$
    Hybrid 71B/71C close-ratio transmission. 3.0, 1.8, 1.3, 1.0 .77
    Thats about all I can think of at the moment. Now the pics:

edit: a link to a few head pictures. I forgot I started a build thread a while back. Its been that long!
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17731

Comment

What no turbo?

j/k I like the contrast between the valve covers and headers.

Comment

300cars wrote: What no turbo?

j/k I like the contrast between the valve covers and headers.
        No turbo. And I even preach turbo to the guys asking for more power from their NA cars.

thanks, I had to take pics of the headers now since its ceramic PAINT. $8.00 and 10 minutes of glory, or at least untill it burns off.

Comment

nice stepped-tubes. a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle close to the trans, but i'm sure it will work out.

Comment

man that is awesome, i hope you can find a lightweight pulley for the front sometime. would probably be a good addition
            87 Turbo: Stock VG33, stock cams, maxima intake, T5, DXD stage 3 clutch, tubular stainless headers, GT3582r, full 3" stainless exhaust, E85 680cc inj. and Nistune
            current time: 13.39@106, 2.05 60' 12psi with old stock 85T motor and street tires!

Comment

also- not comfy with using morgan's after seeing them collapse- but if it works for you! bonus.

Comment

Bet it's gonna sound amazing.

Comment

Grr wrote: man that is awesome, i hope you can find a lightweight pulley for the front sometime. would probably be a good addition
                  I removed the big chunk of metal used to dampen before it got balanced. Its much lighter than it looks.

Comment

Careless wrote: nice stepped-tubes. a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle close to the trans, but i'm sure it will work out.
                    Headers stick out a bit further. I just set them on for now. Installing this into a 510 involves a dance of headers and an engine being tilted in at 80 degrees or so. Lotsa fun but at least I have the shop and tools to do it in.

Comment

now all you need is butter's flocked z31 dash in your 510 and your valve covers will match your dash board. LOL.

looks great. low key and nice :-)

dont expect that ceramikote paint to stay on long. it's not that tolerable to weathering.

Comment

I hope that pile of sunken treasure makes more HP than my bolt on 230k tired motor.
                        Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                        1986 300zx Turbo
                        2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                        1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

The build looks great! What are the tube sizes, lengths, collector sizes?

Comment

Ignoring the nice NA buildup for a second to say, I absolutely love Mercedes Benz workshops.
                            The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

Comment

Interesting choice on the 10.8:1 pistons, keeping the compression low-ish for reliable daily driving as well or?

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
                              1990 jetta vr6'd

Comment

Working...
                              X