Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im interested in buying!

Comment

good cores are expensive. $800 for an intercooler kit is nothing. I'm used to selling and playing with intercoolers that cost over $800 alone nevermind a kit.

I'm all about supporting the Z31 performance market (all 3 vendors if that), If there was about 10,000 members on this site and all buying things left and right I am sure prices would be better, but as we all know many Z31 owners pinch their pennies or just don't want to go too far with an old car like this.

Anyone who doesn't do fabrication can sit there and state prices are a bit high, but when you factor in how much time some kits have into them and cost of materials especially if you are buying only 2-5 cores at a time some get to notice where the money is going into. not much profit after shipping, boxing, manufacturing etc...
      Gone - 1988 Shiro
      2004 BMW 330Ci
      2005 BMW 330i
      1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
      http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

^^^agreed. that is a pretty good deal for a custom designed intercooler set up.

Comment

I'm going to start putting money aside for this.
          Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
          1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
          2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

we`ll see if we can do some sort of pressure drop test on this kit.

the core is not an expensive name brand.

ther is alot of aluminum welding involved, because of this there is only 6 couplers, including the 1 to the tb and a 90* into the turbo. i wondering if we could ad 2 90* elbows onto the i/c and do away with some welding... of course that adds 85-90$ onto the materials cost.

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
            good thing....

Comment

I am interested but not until March or so when the refund check comes from the man 8) I like how the A/C is still intact (thats why I still have my ol' skool DMS tuning piping kit). I need it down here in a black car!
              Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
              1986 300zx Turbo
              2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
              1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

$800 dollars for an intercooler kit for any other car but a Z31 and you would already have the 4000 down from the first 10 buyers.

With us, I hope you get 5. I'd love to buy one from you, but its just not what I needed. From your pictures, any kit you produced like that would be awesome and definatly worth the $800 investment.

And "That one guys" opinion is shared by almost everyone person who knows anything about turbocharging. Its a really well written book.
                ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

autoworkZ wrote: we`ll see if we can do some sort of pressure drop test on this kit.

the core is not an expensive name brand.

ther is alot of aluminum welding involved, because of this there is only 6 couplers, including the 1 to the tb and a 90* into the turbo. i wondering if we could ad 2 90* elbows onto the i/c and do away with some welding... of course that adds 85-90$ onto the materials cost.
                  But how much does it drop off of your labor cost? You've got to aim for a good profit margin, while not blowing the cost so far out that nobody will buy it (hard to do with this crowd).

You should show before/after dynos at the "same" boost, then how much more you can get out of it.. if you can get enough air blowing across it to actually make a difference.

I would prefer welded though... I've been through the leaking pipes/blowing apart on the highway. It only ever happened after I had to take something apart though.
                  vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                  2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I'll jump on the buy, when your ready and have the people include me in there. Let me know cause i'm in the same boat as the other people on the after Christmas thing.

Comment

I'd rather get an ebay cooler and pipe set and do it myself. 800$ is a lot of money.

Atleast you're offering a kit, though. I admire z31 suppliers, even though they're too rich for my blood due to low demand.

Comment

I dunno, I do agree that if this was a more popular car, there wouldn't be a problem with pre-orders.

Some good specs on the I/C may make it seem more worth it..

the fact of the matter is, if the core is worth it, this is fricken cheap for a kit that you take an afternoon, and just put on the car and go.

If it's too expensive for taste, you don't have to buy it. I'm overly sure that it's not going to come down much, if at all, from it's current pricing.

Maybe they could just offer the pipes all welded together? I'd rather get a kit with everything, and it just works.

Keeping the A/C is very important to me.

It's one of those things that you rip out once, then say "I'm never going to do that again."

Comment

Hrmm, I'm counting 9 people that have expressed interest.

Seems like after Xmas/into tax-season is the best time for the majority of people.

Comment

grahfz wrote: Hrmm, I'm counting 9 people that have expressed interest.

Seems like after Xmas/into tax-season is the best time for the majority of people.
                            With me that makes 10. I say slap that shit on my car and post some numbers.

Comment

we put the car we installed it on the dyno after install. there is some nasty lean spike early on in the run so we have to figure out what`s happeneing there befor we can raise the boost and see what the car will do now.

we`ll revisit this after the new year

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
                              good thing....

Comment

I wish i had a dyno

Comment

Working...
                                X