Group buy on our intercoolers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group buy on our intercoolers?

That last post, seemed like there were quite a few of you looking for i.c kits. Would there be 10 of you interested in a group buy? Total cost being $800, 50% buy in cost/deposit. LMK here

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
    good thing....

i'm down.
    Funny stories!

Comment

homestar wrote: i'm down.
      2nd

Comment

How much HP can the core support? How thick is the core? If someone is using an upgraded turbo, will the exit pipe need to be re-vamped, or is there enough play in it for it to work?

Comment

Definetly, but I wouldnt be buying one until after christmas....
          " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
          LaterZ

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: Definetly, but I wouldnt be buying one until after christmas....
            Yep, I'm going to have to wait for after xmas myself, but at that time, it'd be "NO PROBLEM"!

Maybe offer an e-fan dealieo with it, to ensure fitment?

I hate to get rid of the factory setups on the SS though.. part of the reason I'm so interested in an I/C setup that's already figured out around the A/C.
            vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
            2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

I want in On Group Buy

Thanks , I have been waiting for a quality kit to come back around.

Comment

tube & fin.... but oriented well.... how about a bar & plate of the same design

Comment

G-E wrote: tube & fin.... but oriented well.... how about a bar & plate of the same design
                  Autoworkz kit is bar and plate.
                  imagination is a virtue

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'd most likely be interested (If it were to be around x-mas time, I'd be alot more willing).
                    89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

$800US is alot...
                      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: $800US is alot...
                        Spearco and HKS kits run around $1,200.

The Spearco kit is great and keeps the pipes all inside of the engine bay on the driver's side. However, they are routed like a snake in some areas, and I think that the flow is somewhat compromised in these areas. Also the kit uses a 2.25 inch pipe.

The HKS kit is pretty annoying if you ask me. One pipe is routed over to the passenger side and another pipe is routed under the car outside of the engine bay. Some people have reported problems with bottoming out when aftermarket springs were installed. Also, this kit uses a 2 inch pipe.

The Autoworkz kit is using 2.5 inch pipes and keeping everything contained in the engine bay. The pipes seems to be a nice straight shot as well. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Comment

That's alot too... Dan says the HKS intercooler isn't good for high HP engines, and the Spearco units are too small in my opinion. They boast great flow rating, yeah no shit because the end tanks are huge and the core is so small but I seriously doubt it's cooling ability for high HP applications.

Anyway all those options are still alot...
                          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

when are you thinking about it. i don't think i'd be ready until this summer. my engine keeps getting better but the outside of the car is lacking! :evil:

Comment

84z31 wrote: when are you thinking about it. i don't think i'd be ready until this summer. my engine keeps getting better but the outside of the car is lacking! :evil:
                              Apparently as soon as 10 people put down a deposit. :roll:
                              No offense.....I've got a early TGDbuzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :lol:
                              imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                              X