Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real World Titanium applications for VG engines? Is it woth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason84NA2T wrote: Some titanium valve spring retainers would be uber-pimp.
    +1

we meed somebody to make these...

Comment

[quote]craZed wrote:
      Originally posted by NIVO
      Need some titanium parts? LOL
      I need a titanium shift knob, for a faster throw.

JK LOL
      LMAO - YO dude, I'm running the Nismo Carbon fiber shift knob, It cost less then the Ti and it weighs less. I reduced my throw by 40% and took .5 seconds off my quater mile time.

I'd love to c an entire Ti valve train but I have a really hard time imagining Ti valve springs in any engine.
      Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

[quote]VG36ET wrote: [quote=craZed]
        Originally posted by NIVO
        Need some titanium parts? LOL
        I need a titanium shift knob, for a faster throw.

JK LOL
        LMAO - YO dude, I'm running the Nismo Carbon fiber shift knob, It cost less then the Ti and it weighs less. I reduced my throw by 40% and took .5 seconds off my quater mile time.

I'd love to c an entire Ti valve train but I have a really hard time imagining Ti valve springs in any engine.
        Not to mention that with the reduced mass of the shiftknob you can now shift from 1-2 2-3 3-4 with lightening speed and laser precision!
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I'm looking to reduce the throw from 5-2 :lol:
          vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
          2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

grahfz wrote: I'm looking to reduce the throw from 5-2 :lol:
            DAHAHAHAHAHA! For those quick corners from 150mph down to 40mph while running from the cops!

Comment

GotFast? wrote: The reason titanium in not a good material to use in street cars is because titanium has a tendancy to be a very clingy/grabby metal. It likes to attract itself to everything else around it.
              this is not a problem at all for Ti rods, because the big end will have bearings in them and the small ends will have wrist pin bushings, problem solved

Comment

Andrevas wrote: this is not a problem at all for Ti rods, because the big end will have bearings in them and the small ends will have wrist pin bushings, problem solved
                You would need to use bearings with a skirt on them (similar to thrust bearings) as the Ti attracts itself to the counterweights on the crank.
                ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

[quote]GotFast? wrote:
                  Originally posted by Andrevas
                  this is not a problem at all for Ti rods, because the big end will have bearings in them and the small ends will have wrist pin bushings, problem solved
                  You would need to use bearings with a skirt on them (similar to thrust bearings) as the Ti attracts itself to the counterweights on the crank.
                  DAHHH!!! That means you would need to run a thinner rod too! eeeewwww.

Comment

time to investigate NSX main/rod bearings

Comment

Lol. Damn your the richest UTI student I've ever met.

Id try getting Ti valve retainers before I tried getting Ti rods....Wow...This thread is awesome for dreaming...To bad it will probably only ever be dreaming.
                      ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: Lol. Damn your the richest UTI student I've ever met.

Id try getting Ti valve retainers before I tried getting Ti rods....Wow...This thread is awesome for dreaming...To bad it will probably only ever be dreaming.
                        LOL I think I should have added "on the interwebs"

I am probably poorer than you

if I had money for Ti rods...well I probably wouldn't have a loan for 31k to pay off haha

Comment

[quote]Andrevas wrote:
                          Originally posted by GotFast?

Id try getting Ti valve retainers before I tried getting Ti rods....Wow...This thread is awesome for dreaming...To bad it will probably only ever be dreaming.LOL I think I should have added "on the interwebs"

if I had money for Ti rods...well I probably wouldn't have a loan for 31k to pay off haha
                          And you might be screwing with a TTZ instead too.

Comment

The mighty Carillo H-beam rods with the *Carr* bolts are sinfully expensive enough(lighter then even *TT* rods and much stronger). I can't c myself buying/dweling into Custom Titanium rods for a Vg engine or even a RB but maybe some day on a Custom american or german V10/V12.

I guess an entire Ti Valve train cept for some Ferrea Super Alloy valves would be an awesome, high reving lightweight/low recepirocating mass valve train! With a VG34ET one could actually make the power @ high revs. So who's gonna produce said kit for a fair price?

*WTF homie, my Skyline GT-RR305 revs to 12K with Titanium bitch, I'm not making any power up their but it stil revs to 12K yo*!
                            Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote: [quote=Andrevas]
                              Originally posted by GotFast?

Id try getting Ti valve retainers before I tried getting Ti rods....Wow...This thread is awesome for dreaming...To bad it will probably only ever be dreaming.LOL I think I should have added "on the interwebs"

And you might be screwing with a TTZ instead too.
                              nah, 80s cars are the shit.

I would probably build a VG34 with the best engine hardware availible and a HKS T04Z turbo just to piss you all off :twisted:
                              Attached Files

Comment

VG36ET wrote: The mighty Carillo H-beam rods with the *Carr* bolts are sinfully expensive enough(lighter then even *TT* rods and much stronger). I can't c myself buying/dweling into Custom Titanium rods for a Vg engine or even a RB but maybe some day on a Custom american or german V10/V12.

I guess an entire Ti Valve train cept for some Ferrea Super Alloy valves would be an awesome, high reving lightweight/low recepirocating mass valve train! With a VG34ET one could actually make the power @ high revs. So who's gonna produce said kit for a fair price?

*WTF homie, my Skyline GT-RR305 revs to 12K with Titanium bitch, I'm not making any power up their but it stil revs to 12K yo*!
                                Well if you cant see yourself buying ti rods for the vg then what the hell was the point of this 3 page thread!???

Comment

Working...
                                X