rebuilding lifters?or vh45lifters like grahfz said,questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not a fan of asjusting valve clearance every 20-30 k miles

all of the old porsches have solid lifters , the 993's(96? up) and up have hydraulic lifters , ill stick with the hydraulics and find other ways to make an extra 15hp (guessing on the hp)

SATAN , recently i had a lifter tick problem , i couldnt figure it out then i checked the dipstick ops: ...... i know you just rebuilt you engine but its just a thought. :lol:

Comment

SATAN wrote: Thats fricken sweet! thanks man! I'll let you know how it works out in prolly a couple days.
      No, your pictures pretty fricken sweet ;D
      vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
      2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: i'm not a fan of asjusting valve clearance every 20-30 k miles

all of the old porsches have solid lifters , the 993's(96? up) and up have hydraulic lifters , ill stick with the hydraulics and find other ways to make an extra 15hp (guessing on the hp)

SATAN , recently i had a lifter tick problem , i couldnt figure it out then i checked the dipstick ops: ...... i know you just rebuilt you engine but its just a thought. :lol:
        what's more impressive is the 3xx hp out of an air cooled engine

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: i'm not a fan of asjusting valve clearance every 20-30 k miles

Thats fricken sweet lol. You gotta pay attention to that shit man. I dont start my car without checking the coolant and the oil every day. then again I dont drive the car as a daily driver either.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: Any idea what vehicle you have seen them on the valve side?

Im not saying your wrong or anything, I just have never personally seen a valve adjustment on the valve side of the rocker arm.
            nearly every car I've adjusted the valves on in the last 20 years of turning wrenches has then on the valve side of the rocker, from Toyota to earlier BMW's and most all Japanese heads w/ rocker arms that have pivots between the cam and valve. the few exceptions are the L-series datsun engines which are a copy of old Benz 130 gas and even 617 diesel engines. these screw up and down the pivot point to adjust lash but the cam is between the pivot and the valve. the VG is the former style. if you want rollers there are a few GTP heads floating around from the 80's still. bring your wallet.

Comment

I posted this back in August:

http://www.mizpahprecision.com/pricing.htm
              I sent 18 old lifters to them and said to rebuild as many as were worth it. All 18 came back like new.

$3.50 each plus $10.00 shipping
              ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Russ84na wrote: I posted this back in August:

http://www.mizpahprecision.com/pricing.htm
                I sent 18 old lifters to them and said to rebuild as many as were worth it. All 18 came back like new.

$3.50 each plus $10.00 shipping
                Hmm, thats interesting. Did they send back the ones that you sent them or did they just use those as cores and send back some that were allready rebuilt? Prolly couldnt even tell huh? that and, I dont want to send them the ones I have that are jacked up because what could they do differently that I didnt do? Why wouldnt they tick when I get them back if they are rebuilding the same way? Its not like there are any seals to replace or anything.

Comment

I dissasembled at cleaned out all of my lifters. Fairly easy...

(This morning when i started my car, it ticked for way to long and I was magically down a ENTIRE quart of oil!!! ops: )

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: I dissasembled at cleaned out all of my lifters. Fairly easy...

(This morning when i started my car, it ticked for way to long and I was magically down a ENTIRE quart of oil!!! ops: )
                    Did you forget to prefill the lifters wth oil??
                    ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

Man, I would't think that by not pre-filling the lifters you would loose and entier quart tho???? each lifter only holds like a quarter cap full of oil! multiplied by 12 you now have 3 cap fulls! say 6 cap fulls on the extreem side. still nowhere near a full quart! what the hell did you do? Or has it just been a long time since you checked your oil :!:

Comment

Ahhhh he is a UTI student...You would be surpised what they are capable of doing...

And wass..Im just poking fun. A kid in my Power and performance class forgot to tighten down the rod bolts on the number 5 connecting rod on there engine...Made for a pleasent surprise when they put it on the dyno in course 29!!!
                        ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

2 seperate times...

Rebuilt all lifters during turbo swap...
                          http://www.wass.andrevas.net/Lifters.jpg

Low on oil, 2 days ago.

UTI students are kinda dumb :P

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                          X